Kickup-rudder suggestions?

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #22814 by AR_Junkie
I need a trailing rudder (kick-up rudder) on my ski. I have previously used Smart Track and van Dusen rudders but they are quite expensive and it feels unnessesary to have a full carbon kick-up rudder to bang arond rocks :) I would like a trailing rudder like the ones used in Dusi och other river marathons (seems they are made of solid steel) but cant find online or here in Sweden. Any idea where I can order one or have a blueprint on parts to make on?
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by AR_Junkie.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #22830 by AR_convert
These two companies make trailing rudders for plastic skis.

www.finnkayaks.com/index.php/home-mainme...d=127&category_id=11

spiritpaddle.com.au/

Always looking for the next boat :)
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by AR_convert.

More
9 years 1 month ago #23605 by AR_Junkie
Finally got around to install the Van Dusen rudder I had lying around. Created the mounting bracket from a door hinge.

Attachments:

More
9 years 1 month ago #23606 by Baldy-Old-Troll
On the subject of kick-up rudders, does anyone know what rudder Epic are using as the option on the V7? I've got one on order and so far the dealer hasn't been able to find out which rudder it uses and whether they will be available from Epic.

I intend to use my V7 as a play boat and rough weather trainer,I also intend to use it for day paddles with my sea kayak club, which invariably includes some rockhopping, so the kick-up rudder is going to be on the boat fairly regularly.

It doesn't look as if we'll get any V7's in the UK until April, so I've got some time to sort this out if I end up having to source the rudder myself.

More
9 years 1 month ago #23609 by red_pepper
I don't know for certain what Epic will be using with the V7, but to date Epic and Stellar have both been using Smart Track rudder systems with their over-stern applications.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Baldy-Old-Troll

More
9 years 1 month ago #23611 by AR_Junkie

red_pepper wrote: I don't know for certain what Epic will be using with the V7, but to date Epic and Stellar have both been using Smart Track rudder systems with their over-stern applications.

Yes I agree, all pictures i've seen of the V7 with kick-up rudder has the Smart Track Ski rudder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Baldy-Old-Troll

Latest Forum Topics