Canadian Surfski championship ski rental

More
7 years 1 month ago #27925 by mickeyA
What is the best way to go about finding a ski to borrow or rent in Squamish in July? Flying in from Alabama for Gorge race and would like to drive up to Canada for that race, but do not have a boat until I get to Oregon. Any of the Bellingham crowd have an old stable beater I could use or rent for the day? I'm guessing v10Sport, XT, SR, S-1R might be best for me in unfamiliar conditions--Not Planning on winning...p.s. Tried contacting race, but no word. Thanks, MickeyA

KR McGregor Rhythm, V10Sport, Swordfish S, Fenn Tarpon S, Fenn XT, Twogood Chalupski, Findeisen Stinger spec. Had: V12, Stellar SE, Huki S1-X, Burton wedge2, Fenn Tarpon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 month ago #27966 by Canadasurfskiguy
I know last year Bob Putnam (the race director) was putting a call out locally for anybody who had a ski they were willing to rent out. I don't know anymore details about how one would go about renting one. It's weird you haven't heard back from the race site. You could always try contacting Bob through Deep Cove Kayaks.

More
7 years 1 month ago #27969 by mickeyA
Thanks. I contacted the Epic dealer providing skis for Gorge, who suggested Bob. Bob said he was renting only at the weekly rate of $250, which is much more than I wanted to spend for just the couple hours of the race (will only be able to be there 1 day). He did suggest Paddlesport BC on Facebook for private rentals. I will try that route when my wife returns (I do not have facebook). Btw, I lead the league in getting no responses on this site :) Thanks for the heads up.

KR McGregor Rhythm, V10Sport, Swordfish S, Fenn Tarpon S, Fenn XT, Twogood Chalupski, Findeisen Stinger spec. Had: V12, Stellar SE, Huki S1-X, Burton wedge2, Fenn Tarpon

More
7 years 1 month ago #27970 by Canadasurfskiguy
Cool, the BC paddlesport FB is definitely a good place to ask. With a little luck, someone in Vancouver will have something to rent/lend. I'm not much help as I'll already be down in the Gorge and don't have what you're looking for.
There's a Whatcom paddlers group (they Bellingham crowd) on yahoo that you could also throw it out to.

Latest Forum Topics