electronic muscle stimulators

More
12 years 7 months ago #7765 by candela
Neck and shoulder pain relief question...

I suffer neck and shoulder pain mainly due to the type of work I do. I'm a computer animator so I spend all day using a mouse and a tablet. I paddle 3-4 days a week and gym 2 days a week. When I'm not working on weekends the pain subsides but returns mid next week, and the cycle continues. I've been to physios and I know where the pain comes from and no matter how ergonomic I make my work area I still suffer to a certain level.

Anyway my question is has anyone had any experience with electronic muscle stimulators for pain relief instead of taking pain killers like Advil. The guy that delivers my morning coffee swears by them for RSI relief.

Anyone tried them?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #7766 by AR_convert
I bought a TENS machine off eBay for around $160 Aus and used it for my neck and shoulder until my Physio identified poor posture at my C6 vertebrae (needed to pull my chin back so weight of head wasn't forward when sitting/paddling/cycling). The TENS runs on a 9 volt battery and is a great piece of equipment. I now use it for other muscle soreness and love it. You have to experiment with settings and pad placement but in short, yes they do help with pain relief!

Always looking for the next boat :)

More
12 years 7 months ago #7768 by Rightarmbad
I used one to desensitise my nerves in my foot due to a lisfranc injury.
It was quite effective.

Follow the path of the independent thinker. Expose your ideas to the dangers of controversy. Speak your mind and fear less the label of 'crackpot' than the stigma of conformity. And on issues that are important to you, stand up and be counted at any cost.--- Thomas J. Watson

More
12 years 7 months ago #7769 by candela
Thanks guys.

Hey AR what brand did you buy? I was looking at the Hidow which are about $200AU new.

More
12 years 7 months ago #7770 by boss
My work mate came back from the USA with two and let me borrow it for as couple of weeks. I was training for the murray marathon which is a 208km over 3 days. I was in alot of discomfort and pain after the first day of 76k's. I was paddling a C2 which was new to me.
I used the Hidow extensively in different areas neck,arms,shoulders etc over the three days. For me it was fantastic relief and i was able to back up the next couple of days with reduced muscle soreness. I ended up buying it from my colleague as he got 2 for 1 when he bought it. It recharges via a USB cable or power point. It dosen't help my tennis elbow though.

More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #7771 by AR_convert

candela wrote: Thanks guys.

Hey AR what brand did you buy? I was looking at the Hidow which are about $200AU new.

Medic 2000 EMS/TENS
Everyway Australia Medical Instruments Pty Ltd.

A quick look at Ebay shows devices about $150 that look exactly the same as mine. The medic 2000 model on the Everyway website has been updated so looks more flash but does the same thing.

I wont bother linking any Ebay ads as they will be removed in time and the link will no longer work.

If you can get one that includes lots of various sized pads, they are handy.

Always looking for the next boat :)
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by AR_convert.

More
12 years 7 months ago #7774 by Rightarmbad
I got mine through my physio at the time. $80 5 years ago.
Apparently they retailed for around $150 back then.

Metron Digi10's

MMAEV-803P
Ausmedic Australia.

2 channel, several modes, works great.
They have a comprehensive range of electrodes too.
I got some really big ones for doing my back.

Follow the path of the independent thinker. Expose your ideas to the dangers of controversy. Speak your mind and fear less the label of 'crackpot' than the stigma of conformity. And on issues that are important to you, stand up and be counted at any cost.--- Thomas J. Watson

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #25198 by RelS
Yep! TENS machines are great for getting rid of pain. I have been using mine for months now and i no longer need to take pain killers for my shoulder pain. It is awesome! i actually found the best deal as well, i found the metro machine for $90 online with free shipping and free pads!
www.chiroshopping.com.au/therapeutic-pro...tens-machine-metron/

[Moderator: The way this post is written and the format of the email address of the poster suggests to me that this is a spam post. I may be wrong, apologies if I am, but my spam detectors are highly attuned. I allowed it through because it seems to be relevant to the thread, but be warned. The website looks legit but maybe you should call them before placing an order.]
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by [email protected]. Reason: Warning - this may be spam.

Latest Forum Topics