Small Boat Stands (folding)

More
11 years 6 months ago #13876 by hamishglen
howdy, anyone know where to get those cool little folding boat stands that look like canvas seats from? (i'm in Melbourne AU).
Not something too solid or stable. I have those for permanent storage, but something light and easily foldable that would suit an overnighter, or down at the beach to avoid damage.

I bought a couple on ebay, but they are ridiculously small - the rudder would still touch the ground.

Any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #13878 by Spudnut72
I bought a pair earlier this year from BCF for about $19.00each. If no BCF close by, any good camping or outdoor store should have some.

More
11 years 6 months ago #13898 by Wally
Hi, Epic have come out with a stand and they are high quailty, contact your nearest dealer. I use the small stands from BCF but Bunning have them a little cheaper.

• JamieMc
  • Visitor
11 years 6 months ago #13910 by JamieMc
Replied by JamieMc on topic Re: Small Boat Stands (folding)
Bunnings, I got mine for 25 $ each. They are light strong & a good stable stand.

More
11 years 5 months ago #14134 by hamishglen

More
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #21231 by ilcentaurorosso

idem, modifing a director chair in alluminum alloy and syntetic canvas, cutting away back of chair. The tubes for arms are already protected with soft rubber. Holes in tubes can be closed with caps (reusing ones of cutted pieces). Finally, two belts (also re-using the removed back canvas!) and the work is completed.
Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 9 months ago by ilcentaurorosso.

More
9 years 8 months ago #21239 by CyberSki
I just ordered some from Stellar Kayak and am waiting for them to arrive. I had made a portable set with PVC piping and straps but they didn't allow you to sit in your ski to adjust footboards/etc.

The Stellar ones look solid - hope this helps as I am sure there is a Stellar dealer down there, right?

Fenn Swordfish and Epic Midwing.

Past skis include Stellar SR and SEL, KC Zeplin, Think EVO, and in-between version of Epic V8 Ultra. Jantex Gamma is my sword of pain..though my elbow may force me to a smaller blade now. :-(

More
9 years 8 months ago #21243 by jrlybrand
Here is about the only place that I have found that still sells the old canvas style ones. I have very only pair going strong and they are very stable good height and you can flip your boat over without any fear of the chair folding. They also remain very good camp chairs.

www.snowys.com.au/Camping-Furniture/Camp...px?c=2&sc=25&id=1217

More
9 years 8 months ago #21250 by Simon Haywood
Cyber,

Stellar make great craddles in two sizes - the small size works well with SR, SEI, SE & SEL. And the larger size is good with S2E or S2EL and can work with singles if you want it higher off the ground - [Craddles 1] they also make just the fabric sling with zips - so you can retro fit - great idea - I've salvaged an old camping chair and removed the back - presto a new craddle [craddles 2]

Previous craft: Affinity, Endorfinn, Multisport, Epic V8, V10sport, V10, V12, Fenn Swordfish, Spirit PRS Elite; Stellar S18S, SR, SE, SEL, S2E, S2EL

Current Skis:
Huki S1-R
Stellar S18S - Excel
Stellar SR - Ultra

Skis on order: None!
Attachments:

Latest Forum Topics