Garmin Cadence

• sAsLEX
  • Elite Member
  • Fenn Swordfish, Kirton Typhoon K1
More
10 years 1 month ago #20072 by sAsLEX
Garmin Cadence was created by sAsLEX
Whats happening with Garmin and cadence records?

I can no longer see cadence on mine or others paddles taken with Vaaka.

Still displays an average and max in the summary tile on the left, but the Cadence window is empty.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #20073 by Kayaker Greg
Replied by Kayaker Greg on topic Garmin Cadence
Mine has been the same, sometimes, recently. Sometimes it will show when first loaded up, then disappear. I put it down to the upgrades they are doing to Garmin Connect and hopefully will eventually all be fixed.

More
10 years 1 month ago #20075 by Stew
Replied by Stew on topic Garmin Cadence
I'm having drams with Garmin Connect, full stop. Appears to have lost all previous data.

More
10 years 1 month ago #20102 by fryerrobin
Replied by fryerrobin on topic Garmin Cadence
Mine seems to work, search me on connect, Fryerrobin. I found if I set the sport to anything but cycling it won't show the Cadence graph. Mostly though I find the site a bit shit, you collect this data so you can look at it in detail, connect just simplifies it too much and the graphs are almost useless because they can't be overlap without massive smoothing. I just use connect to auto upload then export the tcx file to training peaks or golden cheetah. Cheetah is by far the best for breakdowns of Cadence.

More
10 years 1 month ago #20117 by Kayaker Greg
Yeah my cadence is still not displaying if I change the sport to paddling, change it back to cycling and the cadence graph is view able again.

More
10 years 1 month ago #20119 by Simon Haywood
Replied by Simon Haywood on topic Garmin Cadence
The Vaaka Cadence sensor will only work in the cycling mode on a garmin. I was an early adopter (had the beta test unit first and now the current model) with the Vaaka I've been using well over a year- great gear - and even better backup from NZ!

Previous craft: Affinity, Endorfinn, Multisport, Epic V8, V10sport, V10, V12, Fenn Swordfish, Spirit PRS Elite; Stellar S18S, SR, SE, SEL, S2E, S2EL

Current Skis:
Huki S1-R
Stellar S18S - Excel
Stellar SR - Ultra

Skis on order: None!

• sAsLEX
  • Elite Member
  • Fenn Swordfish, Kirton Typhoon K1
More
10 years 1 month ago #20120 by sAsLEX
Replied by sAsLEX on topic Garmin Cadence

Simon Haywood wrote: The Vaaka Cadence sensor will only work in the cycling mode on a garmin. I was an early adopter (had the beta test unit first and now the current model) with the Vaaka I've been using well over a year- great gear - and even better backup from NZ!

Understood that, and have been using mine with 310XT in cycling mode for a while.

It is just Connect, their web interface, that now doesn't like paddling as a sport. For a while I could change an activity from Cycling to Paddling and retain the ability to view cadence. Now it only remains if left as cycling.

And yes support is good from NZ, just a shame Garmin doesn't have similar and haven't replied to Brendan (who I let know of this problem)!

More
10 years 1 month ago #20121 by Kayaker Greg
Yes Alex is correct, we run our Garmins in cycle mode to display cadence on our Garmins and have been doing so for about 9 months, but until recently in Garmin Connect your paddling activity used to display your graph for cadence, now it does not. Edit it to cycling and it will display the graph, edit it back to paddling and the graph is blank.

More
10 years 1 month ago #20122 by Jmuzz
Replied by Jmuzz on topic Garmin Cadence
Garmin hates paddling, I've said it before and this is more proof.

For whatever reason someone with influence there despises boats and wishes we would all just drown.
The following user(s) said Thank You: owenw

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #20364 by Kayaker Greg
This seems to be resolved now, Garmin Connect now shows cadence when Paddling is selected.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kwhatmough

Latest Forum Topics