Which Blade size?

More
9 years 4 months ago #22202 by kuntz
Which Blade size? was created by kuntz
Hi,
I am a rookie in the world of surfski and I am looking for a paddle that really suits me. I have paddled for 20 years in flatwater and the first thing i noticed approaching surfski was the different requirement for the blade. I used to paddle with a Bracsa IV max, which i rellay liked in flatwater but for ths Ski I find it too heavy
Could you help me chosing the right size, surface and typology.
thanks
Bye
Kuntz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #22203 by [email protected]
Have a look at the Epic Kayaks site - they've got a utility that helps you decide blade and shaft length...

Click here for Epic's paddle wizard

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by [email protected]. Reason: Added the link to the paddle wizard

More
9 years 4 months ago #22205 by uk_exile
Replied by uk_exile on topic Which Blade size?
If you've paddled for 20yrs no online guide or reading will lead you to the exact paddle that suits you. You will already have an ingrained 'feel' you like and habits, good or bad. Only way is to demo some paddles.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stretchstruwig

More
9 years 4 months ago #22350 by kuntz
Replied by kuntz on topic Which Blade size?
Yes of course. but my problem is that it happened that i am training all alone and i don't have any reference here.
Thanks for the epic link!
Thank you for answer!

Latest Forum Topics