Paddle Repairs

More
8 years 9 months ago #24167 by Dan_81
Paddle Repairs was created by Dan_81
Sustained some damage to one of the blades on my wing paddle. Was wondering if anyone could suggest the best way of repairing. The crack is about 6-8mm long.
Thanks.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #24170 by Ranga
Replied by Ranga on topic Paddle Repairs
The agent that you bought the paddle from should be able to sort that out.
Very simple fix for the right person.
Who made the paddle ? maybe I can help locate the agent.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dan_81

More
8 years 9 months ago #24171 by zachhandler
Replied by zachhandler on topic Paddle Repairs
I dont know the BEST way. But if it was my paddle i would just fill the crack with epoxy and forget about it.

If i was anal and had lots of time, i would sand a small square around the crack, overlay with 2 squares of carbon or fiberglass cloth, then sand smooth effectively removing the second layer of cloth.

Current Skis: Epic v10 g3, NK 670 double, NK exrcize, Kai Wa’a Vega, Carbonology Feather, Think Jet, Knysna Sonic X
Former Skis: Epic V12 g2, Epic V12 g1, Epic v10 double, Nelo 550 g2, Fenn Elite S, Custom Kayaks Synergy

More
8 years 9 months ago #24172 by Dan_81
Replied by Dan_81 on topic Paddle Repairs
The paddle is a 6th Element by Hayden Surfcraft. I thought for the amount of damage sustained, it may not be worthwhile sending it to the Sunshine Coast for a repair, (I am in Sydney). I wasn't sure whether this was a job I could tackle myself or whether it is best to leave it to someone who knows what they are doing.

More
8 years 9 months ago #24173 by Stew
Replied by Stew on topic Paddle Repairs
Tiny amount of damage, but if you are going to repair it, you could call Ben at Sydney Surfski Repair in Sydney who'd sort that out in no time and save you sending it to QLD.

More
8 years 9 months ago #24174 by Flowmaster
Replied by Flowmaster on topic Paddle Repairs
I Think it's easy to repair yourself, router out a small amount of the top layers on both sides, carefully cut a small patch of carbon and glas with epoxy. I would use platic foil and squeeze out some resin, cause it's to small to use vaccuum technick. The epoxy would not stick to the plastic so when set, the plastic removes easy leaving a smooth finish, so hardly any sanding. Sand, and then some more and polisch. Also, for repairs, the gell from dipers works great, cause it sucks up de resin and when set, you can sand it and polisch it, it's cheap but works great. Have used it for repair in the canarian Islands, with only dipers and epoxy gleu from the local supermarket

...ooooO...................
...(.......)......Ooooo....
....\.....(.......(.......).....
.....\.__)........)...../.....
...................(__./......
JUST LEAVE FOOTPRINTS

More
8 years 9 months ago #24186 by Fath2o
Replied by Fath2o on topic Paddle Repairs
Easy to fix with epoxy, fiberglass, sand paper and solvent.
Good idea to clean area first with solvent before sanding and then pretty much as Zachhandler said.
Carbon cloth is not necessary.

Latest Forum Topics