Garmin Virb XE problems "Not enough space" error

More
7 years 9 months ago #26351 by SurfskiEstonia
Nice people of surfski.info,

Have those of You who use a Garmin Virb XE encounter this error message "Not enough space" with the camera stopping recording after a few seconds/minutes after you switch on REC. The problem is described here: forums.garmin.com/archive/index.php/t-316763.html with no apparent solution. As I understand it, the camera somehow corrupts the memory cards and starts thinking that the card is full, although it's empty.

If you have encountered it, did you manage to find a solution? I am really pleased with the overall quality and the G-metrics, also the local Garmin distributors are really nice old school guys, so I don't want to call in the warranty if there is another way.

:)

Current: Carbonology Boost double, Jantex Gamma Mid
Previous: Nelo Ocean Ski L, Jantex Gamma Rio Large Minus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #26357 by Jean-Pierre
Hi,

I don't remember if got exactly the same error message, but when I received my VirbXE I got an error after few seconds and record stopped.

After I changed the memory card with a faster model; the issue was fixed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SurfskiEstonia

More
7 years 9 months ago #26363 by ShaneS
Agreed - I swapped to a premium brand SD card and no more errors or hang ups. I was buying them at the supermarket until I went into a PC store and the guy explained the difference, even amongst high-end brands they have different specs.

Fenn Swordfish S Carbon Hybrid - 2016
Fenn Elite S Carbon - 2016
Stellar SR Excel - 2015
Cobra Expedition - 2013
The following user(s) said Thank You: SurfskiEstonia

More
7 years 9 months ago #26364 by SurfskiEstonia
Thanks, guys, I'll try that.

I bought the camera and the card at the same place from Garmin dealer. It's a SanDisc card, which is said to be of high quality. For that reason, and also because I read on the garmin.forum that some people with this problem replaced several cards and the camera kept on breaking them, I assumed that a more prodigious hack is needed :)

Current: Carbonology Boost double, Jantex Gamma Mid
Previous: Nelo Ocean Ski L, Jantex Gamma Rio Large Minus

Latest Forum Topics