cross bar to mount camera/bike computer?

More
6 years 10 months ago #28947 by sandysan
Unless I am dreaming at one point I seem to remember a cross bar that fit behind the footplate. I think it worked like a shower curtain in that you rotated it to expand it. I completely forgot the name of it an a ton of Google searches came up empty. I want it to mount my faux-pro camera and a gps enabled waterproof bike computer on bike mounts so as not to rely on the 3M adhesive. Without the name of the bar I am kind of stuck.

As the faux_pros are fixed lens, if you mounted one at the front of the cockpit behind the foot plate, would that be too close? It looks like most people mouint them on the deck in front of the cockpit.

If I amcrazy and no such bar exists, a thousand appologies.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 10 months ago #28950 by Kiwi Dave
Can't paste a link for some arcane reason (considered spam) but maybe google "washrider gps holder" ... they have a product called the 'Spare Wrist' which may be it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sandysan

More
6 years 10 months ago #28951 by sandysan
That might work but it's not what I remember as it looks like it is secured with a bungee.

My hazy recollection was that it was more like a mini adjustable shower curtain rod that was the same diameter as bike's handlebars so you could secure bike mounts to it, then wedge it in and "tighten" it by expanding it.

But it might have been an apparition or a figment of my imaginationm

More
6 years 10 months ago #28952 by Atlas
Or maybe you've just come up with a very clever idea!

Current boats
Epic V10L Ultra, Epic V9 Ultra, Carbonology Sport Boost X LV, Fenn Bluefin, Nelo 510, Fenn XT double, Nelo 600, Expedition Kayaks Azure, Mirage 732.
Previous boats
Spirit PRS, Fenn Swordfish, Fenn XT, Fenn Swordfish S, Think Zen, Epic V10L Club, Carbonology Sport Boost LV

More
6 years 10 months ago #28954 by Hiro
A suction cup, some pvc tubing, some foam and a tether...

More
6 years 10 months ago #28955 by sandysan
If you are going suction cup, I'm not sure that's better than the gopro adhesive.

And I'm sure I didn't think of it, like the truth, it's out there.

Latest Forum Topics