Stellar SR vs SEI vs V10sport

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #22806 by Kocho
Replied by Kocho on topic Stellar SR vs SEI vs V10sport

ccchappell wrote: Unfortunately did have to widen the bucket for my hips, but now fits great.
Chris

Chris,

How did you widen it?
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by Kocho.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #22808 by Laz
Replied by Laz on topic Stellar SR vs SEI vs V10sport

Kocho wrote:

ccchappell wrote: Unfortunately did have to widen the bucket for my hips, but now fits great.
Chris

Chris,

How did you widen it?

I am also interested in a solution to widening a bucket.

Sorry guys my Google translator sucks every time...again & again

• Stanton
  • Visitor
9 years 4 months ago #22831 by Stanton
Replied by Stanton on topic Stellar SR vs SEI vs V10sport
Hey red_pepper, what kind if OC1 do you paddle. I also paddle on both sides of the track. Ha. I had been paddling an Ehukai and in a fit of stupidity sold it. Now paddling a Scorpius XM. The Ehukai was easily as fast as my Sport. Some may not believe that but I gave the GPS files to prove it. Of course, it's a whole different style of paddle but the damn thing had glide from hell and is fast. May buy another in the future. Would like to see what happens when the new Kai Wa'a Antares hits the water. These new OC1's like the Ehukai and the older Pueo with the tall narrow shape really move.

More
9 years 4 months ago #22832 by MikeyRoo
You boys have had me itching, so I tried the SEI out for the first time this morning after a month in the SR. Initially i was a bit twitchy, but that settled after 15 mins.

The bay was flat today so it was a good place to start. The SEI is definitely another step up again in acceleration and speed over the SR, i was very impressed with the speed i was able to generate and maintain. Now to try it in the open ocean on the weekend and pray i can stay on. If it's not too bad in the ocean i will pull the trigger on the SEI (probably an Advantage) and keep the S18S!

More
9 years 4 months ago #22854 by red_pepper

Stanton wrote: Hey red_pepper, what kind if OC1 do you paddle. I also paddle on both sides of the track. Ha. I had been paddling an Ehukai and in a fit of stupidity sold it. Now paddling a Scorpius XM. The Ehukai was easily as fast as my Sport. Some may not believe that but I gave the GPS files to prove it. Of course, it's a whole different style of paddle but the damn thing had glide from hell and is fast. May buy another in the future. Would like to see what happens when the new Kai Wa'a Antares hits the water. These new OC1's like the Ehukai and the older Pueo with the tall narrow shape really move.

Hey Stanton - I'm padding a Kai Wa'a Scorpius XS (an amazingly light boat). I'm heavier than usually recommended for this boat, but it works for my much lighter wife and is still fast for me as well. Lots of fun! I have a set of extended iakos for those times when I want to padde with my kayak padde (or just want a touch of extra stability). With my kayak paddle the boat is as fast for me as something like the V10 Sport; I haven't been paddling as long with the single blade, but I can still run with the V8's and similar using the outrigger paddle. Our other outrigger is a Huki V2-X tandem. It's also set up to use either single or double-bladed paddles. I would love to try the Pueo or Ehukai sometime; toyed with buying one or the other when I bought the XS (the price of the XS was much less than either and it's still a great boat), but I would still love to see if I "need" to upgrade. :)

Latest Forum Topics