Adjust pedals (non-adjustable!) - is it possible?

More
8 years 2 months ago #25640 by percularis
Hi everyone,

is there a possibility to adjust the pedals of an old Force Field surfski?

I bought this old ski, because it was a very cheap second-hand one but unfortunately the pedals are hardly reachable with my toes. As a result it is quite hard for me to keep a strong body position while padalling.

I thought about adding a second pair of pedals in front of the orginal one. Or maybe removing and readding the old on is a possibility. Has anyone of you ever successfully done something like that before?

Thanks for your help. I will add a photo of a boat with quite the same pedal construction.

by the way: I hope you can understand what I mean since I am not an English native speaker :S
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #25651 by Nige
Hi, the easiest way is to just pad up the pedals and the front of the foot wells with some high density foam or similar : just glue the pads on with contact adhesive. There is obviously a limit to what thickness padding you can add before the foot straps start to get in the way. If necessary you can move the foot straps, but things start to get a bit more complicated because you have to make sure you still have a firm anchor for the foot strap screws. You also can't put in too much padding before you start to run up the angle at the bottom of the foot wells, which raises your foot position and makes paddling less comfortable.

More
8 years 2 months ago #25663 by percularis
Hi,
thanks. I have already thought about that, too. But I think just making the pedals thicker will not help me enough because the is - a you said - a limit. But this ist at least better than nothing. Has anyone done this before and has a photo?

Does anyone of you know another possibility?

More
8 years 2 months ago #25670 by Hiro
Glue a piece of wood at the front of the footwell and then screw the pedals on it.

Latest Forum Topics