Noob 1st Wanna Be Surf Ski

More
6 years 9 months ago #29324 by LakeMan
Replied by LakeMan on topic Noob 1st Wanna Be Surf Ski
I've never heard of Elmore surfskis. Did a search and couldn't find any either. Must be a local Alabama thang. Maybe they widdle them out of old logs? I'm interested to know more.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago #29548 by PharmGeek
Just to put a final post on this - here is some self deprivation of me showing my first couple attempts - got a session planned for coaching tomorrow via skype to try and avoid early pitfalls and muscle memory

Loving this boat so far

First trip was on a popular river here with some class II's and one class III - handled it like a boss - didn't swim once - and no Rock impacts :)

More
6 years 8 months ago #29549 by PharmGeek
Attachments:

More
6 years 8 months ago #29561 by LakeMan
Replied by LakeMan on topic Noob 1st Wanna Be Surf Ski
Hey PG, looks like you're getting the hang of it. Let's see a video of you cruising down the class III rapids. That should be a lot of fun.

You'll be in a V12 before you know it.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

More
6 years 8 months ago #29595 by PharmGeek
Sadly - no video :( :(

It was a freaking blast - the water was up to like my chest and I stayed stable. I have my go pro mounted now for next time!

I had a online based video coaching from an expert last night - and found several issues to work on so I'm psyched to get out this weekend and practice again - I'm on a routine twice a week so I can make progress

I feel very stable in the v7 - after I really fee I have the basic technique down with good efficiency - I can see an upgrade - but I'm in no rush at all - plenty to work on as it is and- well - money lol

Latest Forum Topics