New V10

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #15583 by Robo
Replied by Robo on topic Re: New V10
I agree with Andrew Wheeler's description of the new V10 and V14.

I purchased the new V10 from Matt Blundell at Prokayaks a couple of weeks ago. I was so keen to get my new ski that Matt even let me pick it up after hours. If you are thinking of buying a new ski, I would thoroughly recommend you visit Prokayaks for professional advice and after sales service. www.prokayaks.com.au

The new V10 is a fantastic all round ski. I reached a top speed of 27.6km/h yesterday and couldn't believe how stable, fast and easy the ski changed direction.

It was also the first time I could really link runners.

Greg Barton and the Epic team have designed another Epic ski.
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by Robo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tgdg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #15587 by hamishglen
Replied by hamishglen on topic Re: New V10
A couple of odd things I have noticed on the NV10 after just a quick glance, not related to performance because I haven't paddled it yet..
The leash attachment point isn't in the cockpit of the boat - it is located on the rear deck back towards the rudder. Odd spot?

Also a handle has been included on the back of the boat but not the front? Not too fussed about this because I wouldn't use them for carrying. Although they can be rather handy for padlocking, etc..
(and yes I am aware you can just unscrew the handles, but it could serve as a deterrent..)

More
11 years 1 month ago #15588 by cheeseman
Replied by cheeseman on topic Re: New V10
Can anybody please post some pictures of the new v10. Thanks in advance .

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #15589 by hamishglen
Here are a couple of screenshots from a vid I made of the 'Battle of Barwon Heads'.

And full vid is here:
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by hamishglen. Reason: Addition

More
11 years 1 month ago #15590 by cheeseman
Replied by cheeseman on topic Re: New V10
Thanks .Cant wait to paddle it in Perth

• hudson
  • Visitor
11 years 1 month ago #15591 by hudson
Replied by hudson on topic Re: New V10
I found the attached photographs of the new Epic V10 which I thought folks may find of interest found at
Dplouepic's blog - Blog de deploy epic - skyrock.com

More
11 years 1 month ago #15592 by tgdg
Replied by tgdg on topic Re: New V10
can't find any links???

More
11 years 1 month ago #15593 by Robo
Replied by Robo on topic Re: New V10
This is the photo of my ski in the shop.

m.facebook.com/Prokayaks.narrabeenhirean...258&_mn_=11&refid=17

• hudson
  • Visitor
11 years 1 month ago #15594 by hudson
Replied by hudson on topic Re: New V10
Sorry team using a iPad and have IT issues with my brain

More
11 years 1 month ago #15595 by Simon Haywood
Replied by Simon Haywood on topic Re: New V10
Hamishglen,

the item you think is the leg leash attachment point at the very rear of the ski...I'm pretty sure is an attachment point for doing a jury rig in case you break the rudder lines whilst at sea. best check with your epic dealer just in case its not strong enough for the leg leash attachment.
Regards

Simon

Previous craft: Affinity, Endorfinn, Multisport, Epic V8, V10sport, V10, V12, Fenn Swordfish, Spirit PRS Elite; Stellar S18S, SR, SE, SEL, S2E, S2EL

Current Skis:
Huki S1-R
Stellar S18S - Excel
Stellar SR - Ultra

Skis on order: None!

More
11 years 1 month ago #15598 by Kocho

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #15599 by hamishglen
"I'm pretty sure is an attachment point for doing a jury rig in case you break the rudder lines whilst at sea."

ahh, ok. i did only have a quick glance, so this makes sense. So you attach your leashes to the footstrap?
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by hamishglen.

• hudson
  • Visitor
11 years 1 month ago #15604 by hudson
Replied by hudson on topic Re: New V10 pics
Yep these are the ones

More
11 years 1 month ago #15605 by [email protected]
Replied by [email protected] on topic Re: New V10

"I'm pretty sure is an attachment point for doing a jury rig in case you break the rudder lines whilst at sea."

Also a useful anchor point for a camera... or a light (when paddling at night! In winter we often paddle at dusk and in mid-winter in the dark. I have a new omni directional white light on a 40cm mast that clips via a bungy cord onto an anchor point like that.)

The V10 Double has one too.

I'm also making up a bungy line with small hooks on either end for use as a jury-rigged rudder line.

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

More
11 years 1 month ago #15609 by MaxB
Replied by MaxB on topic Re: New V10
Can anyone confirm the lack of a leash attachment point in the cockpit? And I don't really see the need for them anyway (except possibly as fore & aft tie-down points when traveling long distances with the boat on vehicle roof racks), but what is the point of a handle on only one end?

These are not exactly deal-breakers if the boat is as good as people are saying, but they do seem like pretty odd design attributes - unless there's something I don't understand. If there really is no cockpit leash point, that's actually pretty disappointing. I can't understand why ANY new boat would be released without one.

More
11 years 1 month ago #15617 by Wally
Replied by Wally on topic Re: New V10
The cockpit attachment point is now in all the V10`s. The first few ski`s in production did not have it.

The rear attachment is to jury rig the rudder in case of cable breakage. It can also serve as a camera tether.

More
11 years 1 month ago #15618 by [email protected]
Had some feedback from Greg Barton at Epic.

The first 26 of the new V10 were built without leash anchor points, but all subsequent skis DO have the anchor point in the cockpit. So I guess if you've got a new V10 without an anchor point, it's a limited edition collector's item!

Why no handle on the front? They were concerned that it might throw up spray and create drag when punching through waves.

The anchor point on the tail has two purposes: the first is to provide an anchor point for an emergency steering bungy; the second is that it was requested by folks wanting an anchor point for waist leashes.

Not a bad idea to have the leash anchor point at one end of the boat - especially in waves.

Rob

Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

More
11 years 1 month ago #15621 by hamishglen
So other than the lack of anchor point in the first 26 - would you suggest the build quality would be no different to the later release?

Or would the build quality be better, given the initial 26 will be highly analysed/reviewed?

More
11 years 1 month ago #15622 by [email protected]
I don't see why the build quality would be any different!

I would hope that they strive for a "perfect" build quality at all times.

But seriously, I think with any manufacturer, the time to watch out is not when they release a new model, but when they change technologies ie layups, gelcoat, etc.

Rob

More
11 years 1 month ago #15624 by MaxB
Replied by MaxB on topic Re: New V10
I'm not too convinced by this emergency steering bungy off the back deck leash point talk, but you wouldn't think it would be too hard for a manufacturer to come up with a way to lock the tiller bar as an emergency steering feature. Would work a treat on any boat with an access port/cover that can be removed by hand.

Latest Forum Topics