Paddling in Croatia/Italy

• Grumpytex
  • Visitor
9 years 7 months ago #21566 by Grumpytex
Paddling in Croatia/Italy was created by Grumpytex
Hi,
Was just wondering if anyone has any ideas or information on paddling in the Northern Adriatic Sea = in particular the coast off Croatia/Italy (east of Vencice)

Planning a holiday there next year and having trouble finding if there are any places where ocean skis are available.

Cheers in advance.

Tex

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #25063 by Burian
Replied by Burian on topic Paddling in Croatia/Italy
Hi Tex and everybody
I am Croatian, sorry guys for my bad english, i saw this post only now(i am new on this forum)
Yes indeed Croatia has great opportunities for flat water touring and a really impressive number of beautiful islands and for big conditions as well
I am from Pula in the north Adriatic, Istrian peninsula and here we have great winds like Bura(Burian)NE a katabatic wind that generates waves up to 6-7 feet, a wave period from 3-5 seconds
Its more common an anticyclon Bura wind type, so ist always sunny and thats great couse almost in winter is not extremely cold 5-10 C degrees air temp, in a sea average temp 12-13 celsius
In spring and summer or autumn like now we still have a 19 C degrees water temp and just today started some 25 knots bura
Another wind is the Jugo, or Austro blowing from the south hemisphere(Austro)that generates in autumn 3 or 4 days per mount big waves around 3-4 meters with a big period like 6-7 seconds
There are only few Surfski paddlers and we just getting started to get people know about this sport here in Croatia
here is some photos i took in a Cessna working for a National park app program

www.juzaphoto.com/me.php?pg=17370&l=en
Its a shame that such a beautiful place like this with great conditions is still not supported from the local politicians in a marketing way to promote our region
Hope i help you.
if you have more questions iam here
Paolo

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #25071 by Burian
Replied by Burian on topic Paddling in Croatia/Italy
Here is my favourite downwind location where we use to paddle, 30-35 kt NE wind on the time i took the pic
Is from Premantura cape, showing some islands and the start point down in the photo, Marlera
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Burian. Reason: adding informations

Latest Forum Topics