New Stellar SE

More
9 years 4 months ago #22724 by owenw
New Stellar SE was created by owenw
Now that Stellar have released their much improved SR and SES models (cutaways, reduced cockpit volume, improved drainage etc), does anyone know if a similar upgraded SE/SEL is on the horizon? I currently paddle an early SES for calm waters and SR (both in Excel layup) for everything else, but are looking at upgrades/replacements and an SEL would probably replace the SR. No information on any Stellar website; (why are all ski manufacturers so slack in keeping their sites updated :unsure: )

Life truly lived is full of risk; to fence out risk is to fence out life itself
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kennneee

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #22731 by Laz
Replied by Laz on topic New Stellar SE
As long as the old stock isn't sold , there is no reason to promote new models I guess.

Sorry guys my Google translator sucks every time...again & again
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by Laz.

More
9 years 4 months ago #22736 by owenw
Replied by owenw on topic New Stellar SE
My question remains; are there new models (SE/SEL) on the horizon? ie have Stellar, or does Stellar intend to build/upgrade these skis.

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #22744 by barrypaddle1
Replied by barrypaddle1 on topic New Stellar SE
Owen....Have you bothered to contact Stellar? I'd imagine that would be the first step to appease your curiosity.

Logically If the SES and SR have been upgraded you would think the next most popular models would be next in line for modifications.
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by barrypaddle1.

More
9 years 4 months ago #22749 by owenw
Yes - via their webmail - still awaiting a reply. I agree that you would assume an upgrade, but why won't they tell us? (Incidentally their website shows some of the latest changes to the SES but nothing for the SR.) I'm still at a loss as to why most of the ski sites (with the notable exception of Epic) are so slack. Maybe this is one reason why Epics outsell all the other skis combined here.

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #22758 by Kayaker Greg
Replied by Kayaker Greg on topic New Stellar SE
Its funny Owen, the Fenn importer here was telling me he knew nothing about the Fenn Elite S until one showed up in the latest shipment, he didn't even know it existed or was coming. Still can't find anything about it other than by those that have seen or paddled one, which I guess is the best unbiased review you can have really, I don't believe a lot of the hype that the manufacturers put in their glossy brochures anyway.
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by Kayaker Greg.

More
9 years 4 months ago #22796 by owenw
Got a reply from Stellar Aus, here it is: "Thanks for your enquiry. As yet we haven't heard anything from the Factory on the changes for the SEL as they have been closed.
We hopefully will get a Quarterly product briefing from them in next week or so, and will let you know." Looks like I stick with the SR/SES combo for a while.

More
9 years 4 months ago #22800 by TaffyMick
Replied by TaffyMick on topic New Stellar SE

owenw wrote: Got a reply from Stellar Aus, here it is: "Thanks for your enquiry. As yet we haven't heard anything from the Factory on the changes for the SEL as they have been closed.
We hopefully will get a Quarterly product briefing from them in next week or so, and will let you know." Looks like I stick with the SR/SES combo for a while.

Better than nothing Owen. Least you finally got a reply mate.

Mick

Stellar SEI, Fenn Bluefin S, Sladecraft Comet Long Rec & Vajda K1

Latest Forum Topics