Epic relaxed touring paddle?

More
8 years 1 month ago #25617 by heckofagator
Hi group, just picked up my first surfski, an Epic v7, last weekend. I'm a 42 year old novice, just looking to paddle for fitness and enjoyment on the relatively flat waters of Tampa Bay and the surrounding bayous. Perhaps get out into the Gulf if we ever get some waves, but I think that'll be rare.

I used the paddle calculator on the Epic site and it recommended the relaxed touring paddle to me. I just wanted to make sure this was what you guys would recommend, because all I hear really is about the wings. And I think the touring is a different design than the wings?

If you think I should stick with the wings, what about the green hybrid shaft models. I think I'd def be willing to give up a few oz's for the pretty substantial price difference.

Anyone in the Tampa Bay area have a used paddle they are looking to upgrade from?

thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #25618 by heckofagator
Dang....I would swear I was in the equipment section when I posted this. oops

• andis
  • Visitor
8 years 1 month ago #25653 by andis
Replied by andis on topic Epic relaxed touring paddle?
Get a green shaft mid wing. Best for fitness and easy on the joints.
Do not for a moment think that the first time a wave accidentally surfs you, you won't get hooked ;)
I started on a v7 myself...
With the mid wing you'll enjoy your boat. It will teach you technique, and it is very versatile re the type of paddling you'd want to do.

Latest Forum Topics