New Epic V12

• grasshopper
  • Visitor
6 years 8 months ago #29221 by grasshopper
Replied by grasshopper on topic New Epic V12
Hi zachhandler, sounds like your ideal solution would be to get the cockpit on the new V12 modified to suit?

Although I know I'd struggle to do this on a near new ski due to the likely loss of resale value on a modified ski.

Another option would be to buy a second hand Fenn Elite and modify it, hull should be much the same as the Elite S and you should be able to get a second hand one at a reasonable price.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago #29273 by davgdavg
Replied by davgdavg on topic New Epic V12

hamishglen wrote: Can anyone comment on the bucket size of the new V12?
I hope they have made this a bit, no, a lot more 'snug' than the remainder of the fleet.
I moved my V10 on for this reason, and replaced with Elite S - however this was my only complaint on the V10, other than the inflated price.
Even with a Kani seat and back pad to stop me sliding about, I never felt 'connected' in the V10 like I do in both the Fenn Glide and Elite S.
(For reference - 78kg, 180cm)

If the bucket is tighter, I'd be super keen to paddle the V12.
If not, not.

Horses for courses. I hope they leave it the same. The Fenn buckets are way to small for bigger guys (like me). You can always pad a ski, you can't make it wider... :)

• photofr
  • Platinum Member
  • SURFSKI: K1 560M - 560x43.8 / K2 Viper - 650x56
More
6 years 8 months ago #29312 by photofr
Replied by photofr on topic New Epic V12
V5, V7, V8, V8 Pro, V10 Sport, V10L, V10, V12, and to a certain extend the V14 all have one thing in common:

It's pretty much 9 out of 9 skis that have a bucket that's considered too wide for smaller paddlers. Sure we can pad the skis, but who really wants to pad a ski? Not me - I am just too old to know that padding a ski isn't really that much fun.

Why not make 2 or 3 skis (out of 9) with a smaller bucket size?
The V10L - should have had a much smaller bucket. It didn't. In fact, it was placed too far back for lighter paddlers.

I feel that the new V12M should (at least) consider going with a smaller bucket. Better yet, the new V12M should come with two bucket sizes: smaller paddlers and larger paddlers - but perhaps that's just me dreaming.

Ludovic
(Brittany, France)

Latest Forum Topics