photo comparison of new swordfish and epic sport

More
9 years 1 month ago #23710 by Love2ski
I normally paddle an epic sport but have been trying out the new swordfish. I put them side by side and took some photos. My observations are:

The sports seat is still about 5cm further forward than the fenn. The sports nose has visibly more volume whilst the tails look similar on both boats.

The swordfishes rudder is about 4cm further forward than the epic.

Paddling the swordfish the steel steering system combined with the added rocker and smaller volume nose make it much more manoeuvrable.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lost john, mancapbol, Marieski, Kayaker Greg, Fath2o, kvort, sv607, Atlas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #23712 by Mark Mac
Can you give some details as to the stability of the two, and which one is more stable.
thanks

More
9 years 1 month ago #23713 by zachhandler
Subjectively how would you conpare the feel if the seating position in terms of butt vs feet height, hump height, overall comfort, etc?

Current Skis: Epic v10 g3, NK 670 double, NK exrcize, Kai Wa’a Vega, Carbonology Feather, Think Jet, Knysna Sonic X
Former Skis: Epic V12 g2, Epic V12 g1, Epic v10 double, Nelo 550 g2, Fenn Elite S, Custom Kayaks Synergy

More
9 years 1 month ago #23715 by Kayaker Greg
Interesting comparison as I never thought that they were in the same class of ski. The Swordfish is the most maneuverable of skis I have paddled and with the rudder moved forward from the old model I would think it would be even more so.

If Mr Fenn monitors these pages I wish they had removed a little volume from the rear of the Swordfish if you have moved the seat forward and since you have made the seat wider for bigger paddles perhaps we could have a Swordfish L please with a bit less rear volume and the narrower seat, like the V10-V10L, think this would be closer to the perfect ski for us below 75kgs, would make me happy although still love my older Swordfish.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TaffyMick

More
9 years 4 weeks ago #23719 by Love2ski
The sport is more stable. However the difference is not that great. Both skis are the same length, however the increased rocker of the swordfish seems to compensate a little for the narrow length.

The seats on the skis are pretty similar. Fenn have adopted the epic style somewhat with the feet lowered. The Fenn hump is lower, but not by much.
The following user(s) said Thank You: zachhandler

Latest Forum Topics