Fenn XT Which construction

More
6 years 11 months ago #28819 by freepaul
Hi all. This is my first post on this forum, but have read many threads here and appreciate the wealth of information.

I just bought a second hand Fenn XT (my first boat) which I wasn't able to inspect before buying as there's a limited second hand market where I live. The guy who sold it (a Fenn Dealer) said it was "Vacuum Glass" construction which would make it about 14kg. I received it yesterday and weighed it on our home scales and it came in at 17kg, which points to it being Poly Vac construction. The construction stickers are not present.

I feel a bit stupid as it's my first boat, and I'm worried that I've been scammed. Is there any way that I can identify the boat's construction other than weighing it? Any other advice?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #28824 by Ranga
Replied by Ranga on topic Fenn XT Which construction
At 17kg it sounds like a standard glass construction, not vacuum glass.

More
6 years 11 months ago #28827 by AR_convert
My first ski was a V10 sport and would also have been about 17kg.

Don't sweat it, if its your first boat you wont mind having something bullet proof as it does take a while to get used to handling them on and off the water and it'll probably take a few knocks which in this layup wont bother it.

Despite being an older shape they are a popular beginner ski and when you decide to move on to something lighter and quicker it should be easy to sell without having dropped a lot in value.

Always looking for the next boat :)

Latest Forum Topics