Port Elizabeth South Africa

More
12 years 6 months ago #7836 by Moll
I have found myself visiting PE more often recently and if all goes well would like to move there.

I am planning on getting there for some of the races over October November.

I have not noticed any posts on this forum from PE and on my last visit only observed 1 paddler on the water.

Are there any paddlers here from PE and what are the prefered paddling spots/routes?

Current Quiver:
- Think Evo
- XT Double
- Popes Big Foot Assegai K1
- Wilderness systems Tarpon 160

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #9558 by fabian
Hi i am a new paddler in P.E,if you hear of any routes could you let me know as well,if i may ask do you know much about skegs and the differnt size ???????
Attachments:

More
12 years 2 months ago #9560 by antonsa
Hi
Port Elizabeth has over 200 active paddlers most doing botyh surf ski and river paddling. The local club is Blue Water Canoe Club - email Nicky at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. she is the club secretary and a helpful contact. We have a surfski series that starts in October and goes thru to March with 14 races of between 12 and 24 km. River paddling climaxs with the Fish River Marathon at the end of September - this event attracts over 1600 paddlers from all over the world and takes place 2 hours drive away from PE.
Every Tuesday evening is club 10 km dice at North End lake and we have had well over 100 paddlers on the water - we have 4 senior paddlers that have SA colours - and a number of paddlers with international experince in sea and river that have podiumed on the international arena. But we also have some great social paddlers that keep the pub open to well beyond sanity time!

So yes paddling is alive and well in PE (oh and last Friday I paddled some 6 km with a school over over 40 dolphins - water temp 24c and air 27c)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hansie

More
9 years 1 month ago #23307 by Hansie
Replied by Hansie on topic Port Elizabeth South Africa
Yeah I am a bit late on this topic but anyway, I was wondering anyone knew any good paddling routes in PE and when will I find good downwind conditions?

Custom Kayaks Focus
Red7

More
9 years 1 month ago #23308 by antonsa
Replied by antonsa on topic Port Elizabeth South Africa
Plnty paddlers doing various things all the time - contact me when you are in PE (0824595163)

Latest Forum Topics