Green 7 for sale in New Jersey

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #26016 by red_pepper
I'm posting this for a friend who's selling her surf ski, a rare (in the States) South African Green 7. Here's the info: Green 7, cork with fiberglass overlay. Around 28 Ibs. 21 feet 6 inches. The previous owner barely paddled it and my friend has only had it out 3 times. Beautiful boat! $1800.00 The boat is currently located in NJ, but can be shipped in the States.

For a review of the Green 7 see: www.surfski.info/reviews/story/298/surfs...o-review-green7.html
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #26017 by Dicko
These are really great skis. Relatively stable, great downwind, great on the flat and probably one of the nicest skis to sit in. Pretty easy ski to remount as well. Turning circle like the Queen Mary. Nice fast ski.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #26022 by red_pepper
Thanks for the info! I've never paddled one myself, so I really couldn't comment on the character of the ski. Sounds like a fun ski to paddle!

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #26025 by Rubys Dad
Shame its not closer to Toronto....how wide?

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #26027 by Dicko
Not very wide. 42.5 cm or similar. Surprisingly stable upwind and downwind and in bigger stuff, but a bit twitchy in cross chop because it has no rocker. These boats were the first of the low rocker designs which were followed by the v12 and the uno max. So if you want that style of boat only more stable then it would be a goer. If you like collecting exotic skis then it is a goer. Red7 have been the only manufacturer in the last 10 years that have actually "invented" anything different. The bullets on the 3 venturis and the use of cork are innovative. People questioned the use of cork and were worried by its longevity, but of the 2 I know of, they're all still going strong.
Numbers at facebook, still paddles his regularly and rates it downwind. Maybe he'll give us a nostalgic review.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #26031 by red_pepper
Looks like it's only about an 8 hr drive between Toronto, Canada and NJ. If you're interested I can provide you with the owner's contact info.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #26033 by Rubys Dad
Sure send me the information and I'll deal directly with the owner.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #26034 by red_pepper
I don't see a way to privately message you on this site, so send me an e-mail at soarer_270 at that "yahoo" site. :)

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #26035 by Rubys Dad
Contact info sent, let me know if I got it wrong.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #26036 by red_pepper
I got your message and sent a response. Hopefully it all works out!

More
7 years 8 months ago #26485 by thorofareken
Still for sale?

More
7 years 8 months ago #26487 by red_pepper
I believe so. Send me an email at the address I posted previously and I will put you in touch with the owner.

More
7 years 8 months ago #26488 by thorofareken
Sent you an email thanks.

Ken

Latest Forum Topics