(Information from the event website)
- Day 1 - Port Elizabeth to Cannon Rocks (80km)
- Day 2 - Cannon Rocks - Kenton-on-Sea - Port Alfred (45km)
- Day 3 - Port Alfred - Mpekweni - Hamburg (68km)
- Day 4 - Hamburg - Kidds Beach - East London (51km)
The race format is as follows:
- Day 1: Early morning start to a single leg
- Day 2/3/4: Early morning starts, with 10-minute compulsory halfway stops
December 17 is been set aside as a spare day, in the event of late, delayed or none starts due to inclement weather.
According to Michael Zoetmulder, the event organiser, the start will probably be at Coega Harbour, but the exact place will be determinded by the event sponsors. The benefits of the harbour include accessibility and support for media to film the paddlers.
For more information, see the event website.
For an excellent article on training for the event, see the Red7 website.