Eeeeek!

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #10344 by Rightarmbad
Eeeeek! was created by Rightarmbad
I am reading a book on sharks of the world.
Some of the things in the book;

Great whites allegedly show a tendency to strike at warm coloured (yellow,orange,apricot etc) floats, even in the presence of an appetising bait, and this species will attack dummies in an orange safety vest while leaving a similar dummy attired in a black wetsuit severely alone.

Fark!

They are extremely sensitive and attracted to low frequency sound in the 20hz region, so be ware of helicopters coming to rescue you and general thumping on the hull.

crap!

Sharks are evidently endowed with considerable ability to discern the brief, flickering movements of prospective prey in the dimly lit undersea world and it has been determined that this ability is dependent more on reflectance than colour, except at the extreme red end where vision is lost.
This suggests that Caucasian people may be more appealing than darker skin types.

Racists bastards!

So next time you are in the water with a broken boat, bobbing around in your nice bright orange life jacket, bumping the remnants of your ski and you get that warm glow of relief as you hear the chopper getting closer,

just remember these couple of paragraphs...........

Follow the path of the independent thinker. Expose your ideas to the dangers of controversy. Speak your mind and fear less the label of 'crackpot' than the stigma of conformity. And on issues that are important to you, stand up and be counted at any cost.--- Thomas J. Watson
The following user(s) said Thank You: kiwial, Moll

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #10354 by REDBEARD
Replied by REDBEARD on topic Re: Eeeeek!
If you get a chance, watch "Shark Harbour" documentary, shown on the ABC.Filmed on Sydney Harbour. Plenty of big Bull Shark's.
How will my white ski go when it turns BROWN if I see a shark?

More
12 years 3 weeks ago - 12 years 3 weeks ago #10376 by RHamady
Replied by RHamady on topic Re: Eeeeek!
Thanks for the initiative to paddle faster !! :)
Last edit: 12 years 3 weeks ago by RHamady.

More
12 years 3 weeks ago - 12 years 3 weeks ago #10405 by candela
Replied by candela on topic Re: Eeeeek!
I was getting my ski ready for Tuesday's early morning paddle before work this afternoon on the gold coast. Looked over at my next door neighbours on the water and noticed they where pulling what looked like a small body up the pontoon. After a closer inspection it was clear it was a bull shark they just hooked.

I hate paddling at dawn in the rain..... :(
Last edit: 12 years 3 weeks ago by candela. Reason: Because

Latest Forum Topics