Arizona paddling?

More
11 years 2 months ago #15392 by Perth ski chick
I know this is a complete long shot, as Arizona is not exactly a watery place . . . but is there anyone out there who knows of a place in the Phoenix area where I could hire something other than a fat piece of plastic and go for a paddle? I'll be there for a three week holiday soon.

Yeah, I'm laughing too . . . .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #15393 by kayakchampeen
Replied by kayakchampeen on topic Re: Arizona paddling?
I'm headed to alice springs and wondered if there was any potential for a big downwinder there :laugh: sorry! couldn't resist the temptation. Unfortunately your situation is about as dire. The salt river is in the environs of Phoenix, and has a few stretches that are paddleable in the wet season, (even fewer in the winter) but it is still kind of a nasty slough. Can't really think of much else amenable to the ski. I did find a livery called sonoran outfitters that rents boats, but i seriously doubt they would have much but poly rec boats, not ski's. you might check out their site though cause it does have photos of the river and some contact info

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #15600 by firecon
Replied by firecon on topic Re: Arizona paddling?
I think that AZBuilt Sports has had Think boats in the past, and occasional inland downwind videos on Lake Havasu-I will search around and see what is out there.

this might work

Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by firecon. Reason: I think that I found some more usable info

More
9 years 2 months ago #23309 by Bob L.
Replied by Bob L. on topic Arizona paddling?
Sorry I'm about 2 years late reading you post. Wasn't into the sport then but I am now, if you or anyone else get to AZ send me a email. Have a sea kayak, Epic V8'and an getting very close to purchasing a Fenn Swordfish. We are not an ocean state but not to far from some fun places, including the Sea of Cortez.

Latest Forum Topics