The power of surfski.info?

More
11 years 1 month ago #15840 by Marieski
On the 13/5/2012 I paid a ski industry person for a product, which I hoped to have in time to practice with for a pending race. I didn't receive it in time for the race, let alone the practice. To start with I didn't bug him too much, on the basis that a person who has to spend all his time answering emails doesn't have time to get products out. I offered to help with shipping, but got no reply.

Now I've had enough. I've given him a deadline of a year from receipt of moneys. ( A YEAR! ).
Otherwise Im going to tell you who he is.

Let's see what happens.

Past skis: Spirit PRS, EpicV10Sport Performance, Epic V10 Elite, Stellar SES Advantage. Current skis: Fenn Elite Spark, Fenn Swordfish vacuum. Custom Horizon, Epic V7

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #15841 by Kayaker Greg
Will you marry me? I need a very patient woman. :laugh:

More
11 years 1 month ago #15843 by Marieski
I might be otherly described as a stupid one.

That's a very attractive offer, but Im already provided with a lovely husband, who does give me opportunities to practice my patience.

Past skis: Spirit PRS, EpicV10Sport Performance, Epic V10 Elite, Stellar SES Advantage. Current skis: Fenn Elite Spark, Fenn Swordfish vacuum. Custom Horizon, Epic V7

More
11 years 1 month ago #15844 by sAsLEX

Kayaker Greg wrote: Will you marry me? I need a very patient woman. :laugh:

Especially updating a publicly available forum to show how you got a new ski.....

I take it the product manufacturer/retailer must frequent this board ?

More
11 years 1 month ago #15846 by zamalek
My advice to you - NAME and SHAME.To have to wait 12 months for a product is totally unacceptable and sometimes a bit of bad press is the wake up call they need.

Otherwise demand a refund including interest and buy another product from someone who appreciates your business.Have they kept you informed of the reason for the delay?

More
11 years 1 month ago #15848 by PaddleFaster
I have read many of your posts Marieski and I hope I am not out of line by giving an opinion and stating that you are anything but stupid. Insightful and helpful to those new to the sport if anything at all.

As for your husband practicing your patience, it could be worse.

I actually told my wife -who was away on a business trip- that she had to come home immediately because my 3 liter water jug that I always keep with me as I lay about on the sofa and watch TV, was almost empty and I needed her to go down to the kitchen and fill it for me or get me a new one.

Make some noise Marieski, you have earned the right to do so. Patience is one thing, being taken advantage of is another.

More
11 years 1 month ago #15849 by Marieski
I don't actually want to out this guy. I just want what I ordered. So let's hope this works.

Reasons for the delay included some life problems. But other people seem to be getting their stuff from him. I finally decided to stop being a non squeaky wheel.

Paddlefaster, it sounds like you and your wife get on just fine.

My husband also understands me: I didn't get a ring when we got engaged, I got a new motorbike..

More
11 years 1 month ago #15850 by Love2ski
You love surfskiing, and motorbikes.

You really are perfect!

More
11 years 1 month ago #15851 by PaddleFaster
Been at it for 26 years Marieski. Wife says it gets better every year 'cause her hearing and eyesight get worse. Wonder what she means by that...

Coincidently, when I gave my wife the ring many years back, she surprised me with a brand spanking new FJ1100 Yamaha.

Bikes and ski's give ya the same kind of feeling. If you like the sporty bikes, ya have to like being on a ski.

Keep the rubber side down and the deck side up. Hope you work things out favorably. Good luck.

• gnome
  • Visitor
11 years 1 month ago #15866 by gnome
Replied by gnome on topic Re: The power of surfski.info?
:( Where are you from, Australia?
If it was and from a dealer on the east coast around a place commonly know to lawyers as sharks row. I think I can imagine who.
I have heard of people getting the wrong coloured boats I know that's not a big problem but when you also add. The buyer pays for a current shape boat and they receive the old shape. Thats not real good? Or the buyer pays for freight insurance but the insurance was never taken up with the freight company, as indicated by the supplier. Then the buyer is left with no protection. They then have to go to court to fight a contract issue, not an Consumer Protection issue. Hence the sharks row comment.
All I will say is get lots of comments from other buyers, before handing over the $$ and get it locally so you can just drive in and get the boat. Then you wont loss your money if it's broken.
Though if your from some other country, well then I am wrong.
Good luck
Gnome.

More
11 years 1 month ago #15874 by phemmens
If you are in the USA I can ship a ski tomorrow

• Rod Thomas
  • Visitor
11 years 1 week ago #16131 by Rod Thomas
Replied by Rod Thomas on topic Re: The power of surfski.info?

Marieski wrote: Now I've had enough. I've given him a deadline of a year from receipt of moneys. ( A YEAR! ).
Otherwise Im going to tell you who he is.

Did you ever get this sorted out? Was it a South African?

More
11 years 1 week ago #16132 by Marieski
Deadline is the 13/5. I've had a reply to say sorry and your thingy is now being made, then another one to say it will be shipped by the end of the week. Which was last week. So at the moment I look like getting it soon! I'll let you know when I do. So threatening people with the mighty surfski.info looks like working.

More
11 years 1 week ago #16133 by Bolge
Hope it works out Marieski. Keep us informed

More
11 years 1 week ago #16135 by Kayaker Greg
Heck, I'd rather know who takes almost a year to deliver so that I and others don't get caught out by the same slack service.

More
10 years 10 months ago #16966 by Watto
This is almost worse than waiting for the next episode of Game of Thrones - almost.

Well Marieski it's now two weeks post deadline of 15th May 2013. Did the ski arrive?

More
10 years 10 months ago #16974 by Marieski
Gosh Watto, and I thought you had a pretty exciting life!

Yep, my thingy did arrive, a month ago. I know I am really annoying folks who want to know who he is, but I didn't really want to out him. The main point is that threatening people with exposure on this forum really works. Given that you have a verifiable grievance.

Latest Forum Topics