fitness trainig in the pool

More
10 years 2 months ago #19757 by partymarty
I've got a couple of old seakayaks which I've been thinking of adapting as fitness trainers for the pool, basically I'll just attatch some bungy cord to the back of the kayak and then to the pool fence.

Has this been done before, and does anyone think it'll work? I work from home so I'd just like to be able to jump in and bash out 10 or 20 minutes a few times each day.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #19758 by Kayaker Greg
Your nuts! That will totally ruin your stroke :pinch:
Unless somehow you have gotten the water to move past your kayak? :silly:

Or you could try it using a broomstick? Cause using a paddle is going to be real bad for you.
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by Kayaker Greg.

More
10 years 2 months ago #19762 by partymarty
actually forgot to mention I'd be using an old wing that cracked across the blade - which would be cut down to about 1/4 size.

More
10 years 2 months ago #19763 by Spudnut72
I built a prototype years ago for a surfboard pool trainer. Canned it before I wasted too much money on the idea as the paddling action was totally different - mainly because you were trying to replicate the action in still water, different buoyancy and the changes to the attitude of the board due to bungy straps etc. My advice, spend the time in the pool swimming laps and use the time as cross training. Probably more value, and as already said - this will probably kill your stroke and the way you 'feel' the ski in the water.

More
10 years 2 months ago #19776 by Ric
Replied by Ric on topic fitness trainig in the pool
I know you asking about "fitness" training in the pool, but just to say that Oscar gave us a talk recently at which he presented some technique exercises to work with in the pool.

If you can't get the fitness option working, perhaps some technique training in the pool will help you.

Latest Forum Topics