Protecting from paddle scuffs

• blitzemall
  • Visitor
9 years 6 months ago #22092 by blitzemall
Protecting from paddle scuffs was created by blitzemall
Would this be advisable for preventing paddle scuffs?

www.gorillatough.com/gorilla-clear-repair

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #22097 by Davidw
I use SUP rail tape. It's designed to protect your board - or ski - from paddle scuffs.

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #22099 by Fath2o
This tape works well. Doesn't damage the finish. Easy to peel/replace.
Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by Fath2o.

More
9 years 6 months ago #22100 by Goldcoastkiwi
I totally agree with davidw , SUP rail tape is clearly ( no pun intended) the way to go! , It is easy to apply , stays put , and more importantly is designed to protect from impacts and scrapes....and it doesn't detract from look of the ski at all.

Skis past and present : New Epic V10 Ultra, Fenn Swordfish Carbon,
Stellar S2E Excel double, PRS 570 , V8 Club, V10 Sport Club,Stellar S2E Advantage double, Epic V10 Sport Performance, Think EVO II, Fenn Swordfish Vac Glass, Fenn LS, new model Stellar S2E double, Fenn Bluefin S Carbon Hybrid

More
9 years 6 months ago #22119 by Fath2o
Oh yeah! Forgot to mention pipe wrap tape is less than 1/4 the price of SUP tape. Pipe wrap tape is clearly the way to go for me!
And by the way, the pipe wrap tape I illustrated is sold by Ocean paddle sports specifically to prevent paddle scuffs on surf skis.
It works, It's available at almost any hardware store, and it's cheap. The decision is yours.

More
9 years 6 months ago #22120 by Metro
Replied by Metro on topic Protecting from paddle scuffs
That made me chuckle. I am pretty sure that people were getting defensive about their tape recommendations. If you hang around a building site you can usually find gaffer tape in the garbage. Usually sticks and free of charge. You can also nickel plate your boat. Works a treat but damn expensive and adds several pounds.

Latest Forum Topics