What is your surfski story?

More
6 years 8 months ago #29141 by TomVW
Replied by TomVW on topic What is your surfski story?
Hi all,

New paddler here. I have been "lurking" on this forum for about two years, got a lot of good info when choosing a boat (more on that later), got inspired by Ludovic's photo's, got a good chuckle with the YOGAVENTURE saga and was thoroughly impressed by how knowledgeable and helpful the regulars are around here.
When I saw this thread, I immediately thought it was a brilliant way to introduce oneself, and I finally got around to do it today. SO, there we go:

I am a Belgian paddler, aged 43, 1.82cm, 87 kg, married, four children aged 16 to 10, working full-time (so paddling time has to be efficient:-) )

Did you paddle other boats first?

I started kayaking 5 years ago. We live right along a canal, so I always had the plan to start paddling eventually, but we were renovating the house and I did not have a lot of free time.
When our oldest son was looking for a local sportsclub to join and chose the local kayaking club, I went along, and was hooked from the first session. I am now the main paddler in the family.
Started off with a sea kayaks, since we usually spend the summer at the Belgian coast. Paddled a PE Tahe CoastSpirit for a year, upgraded to a glass SKIM Differ mk2, which I still have.
In the search for a more efficient and rewarding boat, I bought a Stellar SEI, and now rarely use the seakayak anymore.
Since last year, I have been spending a lot of time in California for work, and bought an Epic V7, that I will re-sell when my assignment ends.

Is this for fitness, racing or just for the mental solitude?
Mostly fitness paddling and indeed the mental solitude (nice expression, by the way).
The canal we live along has a cycling path. In the weekend, it is bustling with cyclists whizzing past and I when cycling or running along it, I could never get this "lonely", peaceful feeling of being at one with your body and just concentrating on the running or cycling.
Paddling, I am alone, all is quiet and I can really forget myself and just paddle. That hour away from others is something I could not miss anymore.

Why paddle something so challenging?

I actually don't find the SEI particularly challenging on flatwater.
It only took me three outings to be comfortable with the stability profile and to start setting new personal bests.
Even on the sea, I find the SEI actually quite forgiving.

Did you start with a beginner ski or jump into an elite?

From a seakayak background, and when paddling mostly on flatwater, an intermediate surfski did not seem too big of a step. I am quite happy with the SEI: fast enough that I am still the limiting factor, and not too high strung that I stop enjoying paddling it.

Do you paddle alone or in groups?

I usually paddle once or twice a week alone on the canal for fitness (10-15 km, just short of 10km/h average). Once a week, I join the local paddling club for a leisurely paddle, mostly spent socializing.
I have missed many outings the last year due to work-related travel. When in California, I try to paddle every weekend day that I get (10- 20 km outings near Newport beach). This is mostly solo.

Twice or thrice a year, we spend a week at the Belgian coast. I then try to paddle every other day, without neglecting family life.

Does your spouse also paddle?

Not much, she does enjoy the odd paddle along the canal with me, but is more of an active person than a sportive one.

Multi-skis or do you keep one?

Since storage is limited, one seakayak and one surfski.
We also have a shorter seakayak and a slalom boat for the children .

Do you winter ski and why?

Yes, I paddle year-round. I find the cycling idiom "There is no bad weather, only bad cycling gear." is very suited to flatwater kayaking too. And anyway, winters a quite mild over here: mostly wet and temperature just above or just below freezing.
Especially when the days are short, paddling gives me the boost I need to endure another week of rain and sleet...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #29144 by davgdavg

Nope. When I was younger we used to take plastic kayaks out and spearfish around San Diego, but other than that no experience paddling. Fun, but not exactly the same sort of paddling.

Originally I just wanted something to do when there was no surf to stay fit and in the water. Now its for all the above.

Out here in Hawaii is all OC1, 98% of the people probably. I saw surfskis online somehow, and being that they were a bit faster, that looked better to me. I had no idea they were difficult. I come from an athletic background, so I just figured I would hop right in and be off...boy what a humbling first experience.

There is a guy here on the island who had a few skis, so one day I drove up to check it out. I was in a Fenn XT. I literally couldn't stay in the thing. Flop. Flop. Roll. Slap. Flop. It was embarrassing.

It also really pissed me off that I couldn't do it, so I was determined to get it...later once I got better after a few months and started surfing it was addicting. Plus I was getting in better shape.

After that first day I started with a Fenn Swordfish.

Alone. I wish there were some groups, but the only other surfskiers are on the other side of the island and its difficult to find the 4 hours round trip to get up there. Occasionally I will paddle with some OC1 groups, but most are quite a bit slower and still launch about an hour away.

I'm trying, but she's not very comfortable in the ocean.

Depends on what I can afford lol.

What is this "winter" that you speak of?
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by davgdavg. Reason: sp

More
6 years 8 months ago #29151 by LakeMan
Replied by LakeMan on topic What is your surfski story?
I must say Dave, your English is pretty good for someone from Hawaii.

Thanks for the stories guys. It's been great reading them. For the rest of you that post here please keep in mind you don't have to answer my questions directly. They are just a guide. Thanks

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

More
6 years 8 months ago #29237 by davgdavg

LakeMan wrote: I must say Dave, your English is pretty good for someone from Hawaii.

Wha brah you want got beef? Ha, just a haole, so my pidgin isn't that good.

More
6 years 7 months ago #29680 by LakeMan
I'd like to hear some more of your stories. I'm sure they're interesting.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

More
6 years 7 months ago #29694 by Laszlo Varga
- Did you paddle other boats first?
Started paddling sprint kayaking when I was 11 years old, and aimed for the Olympics. Was an OK paddler, but never made the national team. Started with surfski 3 years ago as a complement to flatwater kayaking, and during the last year it's the opposite. Flatwater is a complement to my surfski paddling.

- Is this for fitness, racing or just for the mental solitude?
A lovely mix of all of the above actually where racing is sadly becoming less of a viability with age :)

- Why paddle something so challenging?
Nothing beats a great DW run

- Elite, since my balance is quite good with the spring kayak background. Have recently moved down a notch to a little more stable ski when I go out in DW conditions (Nordic Kayaks STorm+) as I can get a lot better surf with this boat.

- How difficult was it to start the sport?
Learning to surf and take full advantage of the waves is something that will take a lifetime to master. I love that aspect.

- Did you find balance natural or a trial?
25 years of flatwater sprint kayaking gives a good start when it comes to balance.

- What is the best ski you've ever owned?
I've only owned Nelo Ocean Ski Vintage and Nordic Kayaks Storm+. I like the Nelo for flatter ocean conditions as it weighs so little and is fast. You can really tell that it was built by someone who knows how to build good K1's especially with the bucket and seating position. If there is a good DW I prefer the Nordic Kayak as it has a sweet rocker, and great wave catching capabilities.

- Do you paddle alone or in groups?
Both. Prefer groups as I am lazy by nature and wont push myself as hard if I don't have someone next to me.

- Does your spouse also paddle?
Nope

- Multi-skis or do you keep one?
I like my current setup with one for DW ocean, and one for flat ocean.

- Daily, weekly or monthly on the water?
3-5 times a week

- I live in Sweden, so of course YES otherwise the season would be too short. Here is a clip from December vimeo.com/197096860
About 32 degrees fahrenheit/0 degrees celcius in the air and some sweet wind chill :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: tve

More
6 years 6 months ago #30012 by leolinha
In 2012 I was fortunate to move from the megalopolis São Paulo to the small coastal city of Itanhaém, 100 km (60 miles) away. My new home is in a lovely place in front of the beach and just 4 km from the river mouth. I love to swim in the ocean, but, sick and tired of being asked by life guards to leave the water everytime I ventured a bit further than usual for tourists, I decided that I needed some kind of boat to explore my surroundings. Then I bought my first sit-on-top kayak, a heavy and cheap Brazilian "Guapore" model made of fiberglass, 4,65m long and 55 cm wide (15', 21,5'').

Beside exploring the region and getting phisically fit, my primary goal was to extend my trips little by little until I could reach a small island 10 km offshore (6 miles). But first, the biggest challenge was the surf. I always felt comfortable offshore, but getting close to the surf zone made me chill to the bone. I took many beatings and broke my kayak several times in the process of getting in or out.

I still remember my very first wave ride. At first I didn't even know what was happening, I was just heading back to the beach when something lifted me. That was an amazing experience, until the wave eventually broke with me on it... My kayak took off in the air and my wife said that people gathered in the beach to look. She heard people saying that I was going to die.

Then, in 2014, I bought my first real surfski: an Epic V8 in performance layup. My Guapore was a total wreck at the time and I remember asking the Epic dealer for the toughest model he could provide. And I wasn't disappointed, the V8 is built like a tank. Even after many beatings, it's still in one piece.

Where I live, I am the only surfski paddler. I landed in a beach once and people were so amazed at my V8 that I thought, a flying saucer would cause a lesser impression. Every once in a while I am approached by people interested in the sport, generally people amazed by its apparent speed, but the interest vanishes as soon as they ask me the price of my craft.

In 2015 I found out about Freya Hoffmeister, a German paddler famous for her huge circunavigation projects. At the time she was at the coast of Bahia doing the last leg of her impressive circunavigation of South America - so she would necessarily pass just in front of my house someday! I followed her blog daily and found out that she usually stayed in the homes of fellow paddlers, generally in places too populated to safely camp on beaches. So I sent her an invitation to stay at my home if needed. To my surprise, she answered almost immediately. Some time later she stayed with us for a couple of days. We paddled together for some km, it was an amazing experience to paddle with such a remarkable athlete.

In 2017 I participated in my first race. After that experience (I commented on that in another thread) I got coaching and was amazed at how much room for improvement I still had in my stroke. Watching videos is never good enough! In my second race my performance improved considerably, although I am still among the last. Earlier this month the great Jasper Mocke came to Brazil to do some clinics and to compete at a local race. I attended one of the clinics and it remembered me of my experience with Freya. It is awesome to paddle side by side with a great name of the sport I love so much.

One aspect that I love about this sport is the fact that age and lack of fitness aren't much of impeding factors. I started paddling as a 40-yo chubby guy! Now I feel that I still have many many years of improvement and enjoyment ahead. In fact, many of the best paddlers in my region are in "the wrong side of 50".

Current: Epic V8 PRO, Think Evo 3
Past: Epic V8, Epic V10 Sport
The following user(s) said Thank You: jazzman, tve

More
6 years 6 months ago #30017 by LakeMan
Most excellent!

The following user(s) said Thank You: leolinha

More
6 years 6 months ago #30018 by sandysan
With the disclaimer that I don't want anyone to get hurt much less die when I read that several people gathered to watch and opined loud enough that you might die that your wife could hear, I laughed. A lot. I don't know why I found it so funny ( perhaps a reflection of muself?) and I don't want to minimize what happened to you but that entire post was a great read and brought some levity to my life at precisely the right time.

I tip my hat to you, Sir.
The following user(s) said Thank You: leolinha

More
6 years 5 months ago #30064 by denlong
Replied by denlong on topic What is your surfski story?
Other boats - No. epic v8 was the first kayak I ever sat in. I had done sup for about 3 years before.

Fitness and mental clarity

Challenging - Not so much. I started in Marina del Rey, several miles of flatwater before you get to the Pacific. Remounting was difficult in the beginning, but with some practice...

Difficult to start - Not really, got a demo from Chris Barlow in San Diego, bought the v8 took it home and paddled every weekend.

Balance - With the v8, Not that difficult, first few times in the Pacific it was tough.

Epic v8 is the only ski I've owned or even sat in.

I paddle alone

I paddle everyday, I alternate sup and SurfSki.

Winter - I'm now here in La Ventana, bcs, Mx, a winter paradise for kiteboarders. 20 mph winds parallel to the coast all winter long. 70-80 degrees air, 70 degree water.

More
6 years 2 months ago #30793 by LakeMan
With winter in the Northern hemisphere it seems things have slowed on this forum. Why doesn't you take the time to post your story here. I'm sure others besides me would like to hear it.
And I repeat myself, the questions are just a guideline. Please write whatever you'd like. Thanks

More
6 years 2 months ago #30794 by tve
Replied by tve on topic What is your surfski story?
I recently bought a nice inflatable kayak for travels (wildlife viewing, primarily) and enjoyed the paddling so much that I looked for something more athletic to do on the water. Living in Santa Barbara, CA the only sport that seems to exist is surfing (and the SUP variant); dunno why, but everyone I know either stays off the water or surfs. Somehow that didn't call me... I spent a week looking at web sites and videos to explore alternatives and landed on surfskis. I like the paddling movement, I like to go fast, I like surfing waves in a boat, there's plenty of challenge at many levels with surfskis, and surfskis are meant to go in coastal waters with waves. Done.

The issue I faced is how to get started. No way I was going to fork out $4k just to see whether I like it. I ended up spending a day in Newport Beach taking about 4 hrs of lessons with Michele Eray (paddle california), which was a great decision. I had a total blast, got started on a good track in terms of technique, and was completely exhausted at the end of the day :-). Michele is awesome, if you have a chance to take a workshop or lesson with her I highly recommend it!

I was also able to try out six different boats and realized that the fast ones are too tippy. I could handle them in the flat estuary, but in Santa Barbara there is no such option, it's straight into the ocean, and it was clear that I would be spending too much mental energy on balance. She made a good case for the rotomolded nelo 510, which I used quite some time that day. It's relatively short, pretty indestructible, behaves like a true surfski, and costs only $1.4k. She uses it herself when conditions are rough and she's playing in the surf, or to lend to a friend. In other words, it remains a useful second boat after an upgrade whereas an expensive beginner boat basically needs to be sold. So I decided on the spot and drove home with a 510 on the roof rack.

I've been going out twice a week for a couple of weeks now. The ocean swell is in the 1-3ft range, so there's some excitement but it's easy enough that I can practice. Getting the hang of surfing the waves will take a while! At the moment I go out alone, which is not great. There are other surfskiers in Santa Barbara but I haven't been able to get in touch with anyone yet...

More
6 years 1 month ago #30795 by pprin
Replied by pprin on topic What is your surfski story?
First, thanks to all of you who post regularly on this forum. I have been lurking for a while now and thoroughly enjoy the ability to learn and feel somewhat connected to a larger community through the posts. I am new to the sport and have been drawn in deeper by the stories and videos you share. Much appreciated.

About 18 months ago I decided that I needed to do more than just run for fitness. At 51, I was starting to hit constant injuries that were the result of just doing the same thing for too long. In college I surfed and really enjoyed being on the water but that was in Malibu, California. Now I am in the Seattle area and needed another option. I briefly tried SUP and a touring kayak. Both seemed slow and sluggish. Then I ran across a surfski at a local kayak shop. The owner took me out for a trial in a V10 sport and I was interested. He then told me that I would be better off learning to paddle properly so I joined his flatwater sprint team and worked my way into a K1 trainer and now a K1. It isn't smooth or pretty, but I am keeping mostly vertical and getting in shape. Along the way I picked up a V10L (gen1) and the new v10sport. I paddle on Lake Washington (22 mile long lake near my house) and enjoy either long flat quiet mornings or going out and back when the wind picks up. The next step is to try downwind paddling. I am signed up for the Gorge next summer.

All of the above. I am hooked. The initial objectives were fitness and solitude but the team races in sprints, so I tried it out and enjoyed it. I stink but am improving. My first outing in a 500 meters I fell in. Splash. The safety boat came by to help me and I was just floating there laughing. Felt like a kid again. Loved the adrenaline rush and it was like running a 400 meters as a kid with the same mix of nausea and joy. I also did a local 10k in the surfski and realized just how much I have to learn. Starting late is hard, lots of muscles that have gone unused for too many decades.

If it weren't a challenge I would get bored and move on. A plastic sit on top just doesn't feel/move the same and why bother spending time learning the complexity of the forward stroke and then paddle a barge?

I haven't paddled any surfskis other than the two I own. I would really like to try out the new Nelo's - maybe the 550 would be a fit? It seems like the narrower catch and lack of a hump would be closer to the K1 which I find has much better ergonomics than the Epics - at least on flats and the wind chop that I am used to.

How difficult was it to start the sport?
I am still starting. I need to find people to paddle with in the area so I can get out in Puget Sound and find some waves. At the moment, I don't feel safe venturing into the salt water on my own without more experience.

Did you find balance natural or a trial?
The balance actually feels fairly natural. I haven't fallen out of the V10 sport in months. Same with the V10L but that probably means I need to find some more difficult terrain. The K1 is still a trial enjoyed only in my trusty Kokatat dry suit with the coach's launch close by.

In groups with the K1 and alone in the surfskis. If anyone on the forum finds themselves in the Seattle area with some time please feel free to ping me and we can grab some time on the water. I need to get involved in the local paddling community - that is part of the plan for this spring and summer before venturing to the Gorge.

No, but I am eyeing a double (Nelo 600 or epic V8) that she would probably be willing to join me in. My 12 year old son has been paddling with me so we are getting some quality time together on the water.

Two plus the k1.

Daily, weekly or monthly on the water?
I try to get out on the water at least 4 times per week plus making up for lost time in the weight room and a few runs.

Yes. I didn't go out at all last winter but have kept going this year. It is actually great (given the drysuit) as there are virtually zero boats on the water and I can have the lake to myself when calm. When the wind kicks up there are a few kite surfers but otherwise the lake is empty. The weather in the PacNW is pretty mild. The negative factor is really the shorter days. Our sprint training is primarily in the dark this time of year but I am not up for going out alone in the dark on the surfski at this point.

-pprin

More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #30799 by hodad66
Replied by hodad66 on topic What is your surfski story?
I first was a surfer but at 27 my back started to give me trouble (arching). I remembered
a video showing Merv Larson surfing on a ski & that gave me the idea. Luckily, my local
break had a guy surfing on a wave riding kayak. His name was Bruce Gipson and he got
a grin wearing a Viking helmet with horns while surfing.

My first ski was a Morey, foam, 9' with only foot straps & then Bruce hooked me up with
a real Waveski from the UK... and later a MacSki, this was probably 1974 or so. It was a
natural progression to seek a way to stay in shape during flat spells (south Florida) so
kayaks followed and later a surfski.

During the decades the skis were dropped, windsurfing took over, then back to surfing
a longboard and finally, kayaks & a surfski again. My most recent surfski is the McGregor
Rhythm, again from Bruce Gipson at Venture Sport in Boca Raton, Florida. This ski is
simply amazing but will be a challenge as I dropped three inches in width from my old
S18S.

Current, Think Ace, Think Zen
Past, Stellar S18S
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by hodad66.

• Wombat661
  • Visitor
6 years 1 month ago #30840 by Wombat661
Replied by Wombat661 on topic What is your surfski story?
This forum has been very helpful on surfski. Great discussion and great info.

Started off trying kayaking. Took a kayak roll class in college just because it looked really hard, and scary. While looking at kayaks, came across a surfski. First impression was that thing was fast. Was thinking about buying one. That was 20 years ago. Then came wife, family and job. Many years just went by. Year and half ago, father-in-law sold his ocean front house for retirement. The housing market was good, and he probably made a good profit. He gave each of us $1,000 to do what we always wanted :)
There was a Fenn XT all carbon on Craigslist for a little over $1k. Boat looks reasonable for a beginner, and seems like a good deal. Is one of those moments where you ask yourself what did you just buy? It almost could not fit into the garage.

At my age, is either get fitness or get sick. Definitely mental solitude too. Is so peaceful each time I am out there. Would not want to be any place else.

I like the faster speed. The SUP I rented before was just too slow. Plastic kayaks were too easy and excruciatingly slow. I liked being closer to the water. The narrow profile boat feels right. Can’t imagine being on a sit on top plastic kayak.

How difficult was it to start the sport?
First time sitting next to the calm beach, the XT felt like an easy boat. I aimed away from the beach and paddled about a mile out. The waves got bigger, then I fell off, and almost could not get back on. That was an eye opener. It was afterward that I thought maybe it might be a good idea to look at youtube videos on how to remount properly.

Did you find balance natural or a trial?
After the scare of not being able to remount, I started practicing in the waves near the beach. There were times where I thought I would never be proficient at it. Then there were other times where I thought I can master it. As time went on, there were more confident days than doubtful days.

Like to keep it simple and have one boat. It may not be the fastest, but if is fast enough to be in the ballpark, I am happy.

Daily, weekly or monthly on the water? 3 times a week if work schedule allows.

Do you winter ski and why? No winter in California.

• SteveW
  • Visitor
6 years 3 weeks ago - 6 years 3 weeks ago #30977 by SteveW
Replied by SteveW on topic What is your surfski story?
My story started 2 and a half years ago when I was invited to paddle from Fish Hoek to Glencairn and back. My wife came with but we only had one paddle so needless to say I did all the paddling. I loved it so much I went and bought a tandem recreational kayak.
A Legend Nessy. The paddling came thick and fast after that purchase.

I did most of my paddling at Fish Hoek, Hout Bay, Melkbosstrand, Langebaan and the Breede River. On one trip to the Breede I decided to paddle out the river mouth into the sea to Cape Infanta. Of course no one wanted to come with so I went alone. I had all the safety gear and there is a NSRI Station at the river mouth as well as a lot of ski boats in the general area. The tide was almost out and the sea was relatively calm other than the shore break and the breaking waves on the outer reef.

I cleared the first barrage of waves and decided to continue to the outer break. However the waves there were considerably bigger. To cut a long story short, I was knocked of 3 times but only remounted twice as the third time the kayak was gone due to the calf leash failing. By now I was about 800 metres offshore and in the current heading to the rocky cliffs of Cape Infanta. Fortunately my kayak was seen bouncing in the waves without me and the NSRI was notified. They put a radio call out to the skiboats whilst the NSRI crew mustered.

I swam for about 35 minutes before being picked up by a skiboat. They recovered my kayak and dropped me off at the slipway in the river. Needless to say I was back again within weeks with more success, being a bit wiser as to the vagaries of the sea off the mouth.

After another year I bought a Fenn Blue Fin S and a Fluid Nemesis to continue my love affair with boats and the sea.
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 3 weeks ago by SteveW. Reason: added photo

More
5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #31217 by cogdoc
Replied by cogdoc on topic What is your surfski story?

Started out on a plastic sit on top river ski, having watched the surf life savers on TV here in Australia competing the Coolangatta Gold, and deciding at 19 I wanted to be a surf life saving ironman. At the time my brother just laughed his arse off, but in my mind I had found my sport. I paddled that piece of crap every chance I got, and amazingly somehow survived going way out to sea wearing only speedo's and sunglasses. A year later I was racing at club level for my new surf club on my new SLSC spec ski in ironman and ski races. Problem was people like Clint Robinson were too, and they don't just beat you more decimate you. I spent the next four year paddling spec skis and coming towards last to the best in Oz.

I then bought a bike shop and took a ten year triathalon break from paddling. In a Tri you don't have the entire beach watch you come last.

At about 32 I got back into paddling K1 and had a few beautiful lightweight Clever X boats. In the GFC I got laid off work and had to sell my toys, but on recovering a few years later I shouted myself a gorgeous full carbon ocean racing ski ( from a local spec ski maker ). I was hooked, and it looked awesome overhanging my VW Golf ( see attached pic ).

All the above. I adored paddling the most from my wanna be Ironman days, and cycling from my Tri days ( MTB nowdays, less lycra and traffic aggro! ). I find both an amazing mental escape, and these are my two favourite ways to stay in shape. I compete as an age grouper in these disciplines a race or two a year, and prefer longer 4-5 hour events where the young and beautiful wear out a bit.

The challenge is the whole point to me, I adore the fight to try and better myself, my technique and my conditions. I believe in getting a boat a bit beyond your abilities and growing into it, first on flat water, then venturing offshore. I actually like nothing better than waves over the bow, challenging conditions and the wind in my face, for it makes me get aggressive and smash it out. Then again I've yet to have a "good" downwind experience on my current ski, it still seems like smashing it out to me, without the stability of upwind! I'm sure once I work it out that may change!!

Definate beginner / noob ski, hilarious to look back on now actually. Paddling what amounted to a basic fishing kayak with an "ironman in training" attitude. It did pay off when I got my first spec ski, I was absolutely flying in comparison, till I met Clint et al.

Both. I adore paddling alone for the mental solitude and zen thing, but so too it's easy to plateau when you are alone, and I love the social aspect of a group, and there's always people better than you to chase and improve against. I also like the fact there are often slower people for the sharks in a group, except when that's me.

SUP, she thinks ski's look too unstable. Funnily enough I'm pretty hopeless on her SUP ( but I do sink it )

One ski, one bike, one car, one woman. Always the safest bet. Must be nice to have the storage space, understanding spouse and money tree for multiple toys!

I live on the Sunshine Coast in Queensland Australia. We don't do winter.

Now: Stellar SEL Gen 2

Prior: Ozflyte R21, Competition Kayaks Fireblade K1, MaxKayak Clever X K1, numerous SLSC Spec Ski's.
Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by cogdoc. Reason: Spellink.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LakeMan

Latest Forum Topics