Think Evo II vs V10 Sport

More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #32541 by SpaceSputnik
Now that I am in a full on "next boat" research.
How does Think Evo II compare to V10 Sport? It certainly appeals to me aesthetically. Are they similar speed/stability? Also I hear the V10S has a large bucket, is it any different on Evo? I am 5'6" 160 lb.

Which is better suited for big conditions and surfing?

Evo is a but cheaper and seem to have carry handles and a day hatch. These are not super important factors though, but still nice.

Thoughts?

Thanks!
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by SpaceSputnik.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago #32542 by mickeyA
Replied by mickeyA on topic Think Evo II vs V10 Sport
There is an evo III out now, so I suppose you are talking used skis, which is totally fine if talking evo II and sport g2 (2013-present). Either way, the evo (all thinks) certainly has a narrower bucket, fits your size better. Evo may be slightly tippier and faster, but not much. Both have stern and bow carry handles, but evo also has handle in middle, which is so nice for carrying solo and one handed for short distance. Both excellent intermediate skis.

KR McGregor Rhythm, V10Sport, Swordfish S, Fenn Tarpon S, Fenn XT, Twogood Chalupski, Findeisen Stinger spec. Had: V12, Stellar SE, Huki S1-X, Burton wedge2, Fenn Tarpon
The following user(s) said Thank You: SpaceSputnik

More
5 years 6 months ago #32543 by SpaceSputnik
Thank you. Didnt realize that gen 3 is available. Used or not will depend on the availability.
Sounds like it maybe a better boat for me.

More
5 years 6 months ago #32544 by Fath2o
Replied by Fath2o on topic Think Evo II vs V10 Sport
I still paddle a gen-1 26lb EVO and it is a very nice boat. Newer gens do surf better though. The single venturi models do not drain well.
Had to enlarge mine. I've had problems with foot pedal failure. Had to redesign/rebuild the aluminum/stainless hinges.
Good luck.

More
5 years 6 months ago #32572 by tve
Replied by tve on topic Think Evo II vs V10 Sport
My #1 recommendation is to try them out! Even if it costs you a couple hundred bucks to do so, that's still cheaper than reselling the wrong boat... I would pay a lot of attention to the seating position, IMO the EVO III has a very good "active" position for the smaller (<6') paddler. It was my #2 choice after a nelo 550, I just like the low volume K1-like nelos more...

More
5 years 6 months ago #32574 by SpaceSputnik
Thank you all.
I wish I could test paddle but the availability here is horrible. Locally I have access to one V10S demo and one crazy expensive brand new non-demo Evo which I cannot afford. In all likelihood I will be driving down to US and bringing back a used one and it will have to be in winter.

Latest Forum Topics