Stohlquist amp drysuit

More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #33125 by SpaceSputnik
I have been asked about my opinion about this drysuit, so I figured I might as well post it publicly.
It's a great suit. I owned a Kokatat Meridian before and I honestly prefer the Amp. The material feels lighter still very breathable, the plastic zippers are easy to operate and the gaskets are softer than Kokatat. The cut is more form fitting too, so overall less bulk. Overall very pleased. It may be less durable long-term, but when it kicks the bucket I would gladly buy another one even if it happens sooner than it would with a Kokatat.

Note that these zippers require maintenance. The suit came with two tubes of TiZip lube. Each should last over a season. I clean and lube the zippers often and haven't had leaks yet (knock on wood).
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by SpaceSputnik.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #33132 by Epicpaddler
Replied by Epicpaddler on topic Stohlquist amp drysuit
Thanks.
Based on the specs it seems like it would be a great entry level drysuit. I've read mixed reviews on it, so I'm glad to hear it's working out for you. I like the Kokotat suits, but I'd have to get a suit twice as large as my body just to fit my size 12 feet. After scuba diving in a drysuit for years I know the advantage they offer. I'm trying to find a balance between not overheating and staying safe. Right now, I'm probably borderline safe for immersion in  40 degree water.

More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #33133 by SpaceSputnik
Replied by SpaceSputnik on topic Stohlquist amp drysuit
Welcome. Not sure if I would call it an entry level. It has all the right stuff going for it. If anything EZ is an entry level (not to mention Mystics and such). Stohlquists are competent suits.
Are you sure you are not thinking of NRS or Level 6? These can be somewhat questionable.
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by SpaceSputnik.

Latest Forum Topics