Removing glue residue

More
5 years 4 months ago #33193 by mickeyA
Race crew taped my race number on my ski with heavy duty duck tape. I cannot seem to clean off the glue residue. I've used warm water and soap, and when that did not work, rubbing alcohol, which did not work.  The square outline is obvious, less white, different texture.  Looks like a bad patch repair job. What do I use to get the new-ish epic ultra layup back to matching rest of boat?  I certainly do not want to mess up the gel coat.  Thanks

KR McGregor Rhythm, V10Sport, Swordfish S, Fenn Tarpon S, Fenn XT, Twogood Chalupski, Findeisen Stinger spec. Had: V12, Stellar SE, Huki S1-X, Burton wedge2, Fenn Tarpon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #33195 by PSwitzer
Replied by PSwitzer on topic Removing glue residue
I use WD-40. Takes off the sticky goo great but leaves behind a slick sheen, which can then be removed easily with soapy water.
Acetone also works but is toxic as shiite and will really mess you up if it hits bare skin

More
5 years 4 months ago #33196 by SurfskiEstonia
One more for acetone.

I had glue residue on a paddle's carbon shaft and contacted Jantex to ask if it's OK to use acetone. Their answer was literally "Acetone is OK". Needless to say, it worked great.

Current: Carbonology Boost double, Jantex Gamma Mid
Previous: Nelo Ocean Ski L, Jantex Gamma Rio Large Minus

Latest Forum Topics