Best placement of storage supports

More
5 years 1 month ago #33443 by SpaceSputnik
In anticipation of a delivery of a new-to-me Think Evo II I am going to be installing a wall storage rack. It consists of two separate supports with strap suspension for the hull.
Where on the hull is it best to place the support points? I have a certain amount of freedom on how to place the racks. I know that v bars are spaced something like 7 feet apart. Should I just do that and make sure the supports are centered on the hull length-wise?

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• MCImes
  • Visitor
5 years 1 month ago #33444 by MCImes
Replied by MCImes on topic Best placement of storage supports
Take your boat length and divide by 3 or 4. 

3 is easy, place a support at 1/3 and 2/3 of boat length. This will leave slight gravity pressure on the ends

assuming a boat is perfectly symetrical weight wise, if you divide boat length by 4 and place the supports at 1/4 and 3/4  the boat should be totally balanced. My guess is there is likely more weight in the nose, so my statements are probably off somewhat, but I wouldnt worry.

Personally I've hung all my boats (V10, SR, XT) with 1" nylon strap at approximately 1/3 and 2/3 support points and had no problems what so ever. Probably just dont put the straps at the extreme ends or too close together. Anything in between is likely ok,

I would mostly be concerned about avoiding pressure points/puncture points from any sharp edges, screws, hardware etc that you use to make the hangers. 

Congrats on the new-ish evo

More
5 years 1 month ago #33445 by SpaceSputnik
Thanks :) Looking forward to the delivery of a new toy :). Should be just before we get out of the deep freeze and the water becomes navigable.
Thanks for the guidelines.

Hoping that sharp edges shouldn't be an issue. This is the rack I am installing (product images):  
Attachments:

Latest Forum Topics