New Epic V10 Sport on the way ? Could this be it ?

• uk gearmuncher
  • Visitor
5 years 4 weeks ago #33645 by uk gearmuncher
Just spotted this on the net. 

www.geartrade.com.au/category/305/Ocean-...lVAdojqYzzJh2D5A5ehs

It's obviously just a prototype but I wonder if this will become the V10 Sport G3 shortly ? What do you think ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #33649 by Epicpaddler
Cool. I like the green. So different then any I've seen in the US. I wonder how it paddles compared to the gen 3 v10?

• uk gearmuncher
  • Visitor
5 years 3 weeks ago #33656 by uk gearmuncher
Replied by uk gearmuncher on topic New Epic V10 Sport on the way ? Could this be it ?
From what I’ve gathered so far, it’s same hull, different deck with a narrower seat to allow for inclusion of carry handles.

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #33658 by leolinha
It doesn't look like it has the same hull. The nose looks very similar to the last gen V10 and V12.
So many people complain that the Sport has a too wide bucket, so a narrower bucket makes a lot of sense; and if this modification allows for the placement of side handles, then the result must be a terrific ski, no less.

Current: Epic V8 PRO, Think Evo 3
Past: Epic V8, Epic V10 Sport

• uk gearmuncher
  • Visitor
5 years 3 weeks ago #33659 by uk gearmuncher
Replied by uk gearmuncher on topic New Epic V10 Sport on the way ? Could this be it ?
Well, I've been told it is the same hull (from a good source), just with an altered deck.

Two more bits for you - the seat position is slightly further forward and the rudder is in a new position.

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #33660 by leolinha

uk gearmuncher wrote: Well, I've been told it is the same hull (from a good source), just with an altered deck.
Two more bits for you - the seat position is slightly further forward and the rudder is in a new position.

The informations about seat position and rudder placement were already available through the link you posted.
I understand that you trust your source, but according to the pictures, it just can't be the same hull. I own a current gen V10 Sport and I see a huge difference, the nose in the picture resembles the nose of the new V10. Unless the part of the hull just under the nose doesn't count as hull...

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #33661 by leolinha
Another prototype, in blue this time... the same new nose.

Attachments:

• uk gearmuncher
  • Visitor
5 years 3 weeks ago #33663 by uk gearmuncher
Interesting. The thing is, if these prototypes were out and about early last year, are they ‘specials’ or are these precursors to a new v10 sport? I was potentially looking at buying a V10 Sport for training but I’m wondering now if it’s worth holding fire.

• uk gearmuncher
  • Visitor
5 years 3 weeks ago #33664 by uk gearmuncher

leolinha wrote: Another prototype, in blue this time... the same new nose.

actually, isn’t that stern more squarely cut off than the current version ?

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #33665 by leolinha

uk gearmuncher wrote: Interesting. The thing is, if these prototypes were out and about early last year, are they ‘specials’ or are these precursors to a new v10 sport? I was potentially looking at buying a V10 Sport for training but I’m wondering now if it’s worth holding fire.

I am about to exchange my V10 Sport for a V8 PRO, the side handles being a major fator. A new V10 Sport with side handles would mess up all my decision process...

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #33666 by leolinha

uk gearmuncher wrote:

leolinha wrote: Another prototype, in blue this time... the same new nose.

actually, isn’t that stern more squarely cut off than the current version ?

Hmmm, may be... hard to tell. It didn't call my attention.

• MCImes
  • Visitor
5 years 3 weeks ago #33667 by MCImes
That's definitely a new hull. Nose looks just like the new v10/11/12. Agree the stern is cutoff more bluntly as well.

It would be great if epic keeps updating the more stable boats with the higher rocker designs of the new elite boats.

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #33675 by [email protected]
The word from Epic themselves is that that particular boat was a "test" and is no way indicative of an imminent new model!

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

• uk gearmuncher
  • Visitor
5 years 3 weeks ago #33676 by uk gearmuncher

robin.mousley wrote: The word from Epic themselves is that that particular boat was a "test" and is no way indicative of an imminent new model!

Damn - that's a shame - the design looks to make a lot of sense. Mind you, even if that wasn't true, they would say that because you don't want stock out in the distribution network of an older model that you might have difficulty in selling if people think a new one is coming. Going by the blue and green it's two 'tests' as well....

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #33677 by [email protected]

Mind you, even if that wasn't true, they would say that because you don't want stock out in the distribution network

Hahaha - conspiracy theorist!

You could be right - I'm sure it's true that they are working on the next generation of something!

Put it this way, I think if they had a new one that was about to be released they'd have rather told me not to say anything and I wouldn't have been able to post about it!

Rob

Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...
The following user(s) said Thank You: uk gearmuncher

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #33686 by Cerca Trova
With the recent V10 G3 I do not see why Epic would come out with a G3 V10 Sport. Arguably the Stellar G2 SEI and the Swordfish S , along with the new V10 are the best intermediate skis ever produced. It is amazing how stable, fast, and comfortable the G3 is. Besides, having owned the G2 V10 Sport, and the V8 Pro, imo the pro is the better ski. So having said that wouldn't it make much more sense for a G2 V8 Pro? 
Especially considering how successful the V8 Pro has been. Talk about resale!

• uk gearmuncher
  • Visitor
5 years 3 weeks ago #33695 by uk gearmuncher

Cerca Trova wrote: With the recent V10 G3 I do not see why Epic would come out with a G3 V10 Sport. Arguably the Stellar G2 SEI and the Swordfish S , along with the new V10 are the best intermediate skis ever produced. It is amazing how stable, fast, and comfortable the G3 is. Besides, having owned the G2 V10 Sport, and the V8 Pro, imo the pro is the better ski. So having said that wouldn't it make much more sense for a G2 V8 Pro? 
Especially considering how successful the V8 Pro has been. Talk about resale!

Well, you've still got a good 5cm width difference between the V8 Pro and the new V10. Plus the performance between the V8 Pro and V10 Sport is apparently so close to be virtually inconsequential and its one of the remaining boats that hasn't been updated. It would seem obvious to me that the V10 Sport needs to be made a little less safe and to be updated to reflect the shape/length/features of the newer boats.

You'd consider the new V10 an intermediate boat now ? I'm trying one in a couple of weeks time. I hope you're right on that one !

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #33696 by [email protected]

You'd consider the new V10 an intermediate boat now ? I'm trying one in a couple of weeks time. I hope you're right on that one !

I'd love to know how it compares to the Swordfish S.  

Rob

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #33706 by Dicko
I notice the local dealer is selling v8's and v10 sports $500 cheaper. Can only mean new v10 sports are coming soon.

I paddled the new v10 a few weeks ago. Most stable, comfortable boat I have paddled in a while. Small chop was unnoticeable. Was a bit looser on a small downwind I did. The stability was phenomenal. VERY easy to remount. Two mate s bought one. One sold his eliteS and swordie S. Other sold his SEL and Zeplin. I would buy one tomorrow if they weren't so damn expensive (and I'm not a fan of Epic boats normally).
Not sure if it is as stable as a swordie, but is a much nicer boat to paddle and the ease of remount negates some of the fear of coming out.
Here's a video with glimpses of the v11, v10 and an elite S. Not sure how Walter fits in the V11.

More
5 years 3 weeks ago - 5 years 3 weeks ago #33707 by Dicko
I notice the local dealer is selling v8's and v10 sports $500 cheaper. Can only mean new v10 sports are coming soon.

I paddled the new v10 a few weeks ago. Most stable, comfortable boat I have paddled in a while. Small chop was unnoticeable. Was a bit looser on a small downwind I did. The stability was phenomenal. VERY easy to remount. Two mate s bought one. One sold his eliteS and swordie S. Other sold his SEL and Zeplin. I would buy one tomorrow if they weren't so damn expensive (and I'm not a fan of Epic boats normally).
Not sure if it is as stable as a swordie, but is a much nicer boat to paddle and the ease of remount negates some of the fear of coming out.
Here's a video with glimpses of the v11, v10 and an elite S. Not sure how Walter fits in the V11.
Last edit: 5 years 3 weeks ago by Dicko.

Latest Forum Topics