Google Maps captures the start of the Molokai

• MCImes
  • Visitor
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #35040 by MCImes
I love randomly looking around the world on Google maps and often find some funny, cool, strange, or unexpected things and found something pretty cool today - Im 99% sure Im looking at the start of the Molokai!

Check out the attached pics and look up the start in satellite view. Looks like the first wave just started and others are staged, waiting to go.

Just kind of a random and cool coincidence of timing. Out of the 8760 hours in a year, the satellite happened to snap a pic in a ~1 hour window to catch the start.

Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by [email protected]. Reason: Embedded images in message

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #35041 by tve

MCImes wrote: I love randomly looking around the world on Google maps and often find some funny, cool, strange, or unexpected things and found something pretty cool today - Im 99% sure Im looking at the start of the Molokai!

Check out the attached pics and look up the start in satellite view. Looks like the first wave just started and others are staged, waiting to go.

Just kind of a random and cool coincidence of timing. Out of the 8760 hours in a year, the satellite happened to snap a pic in a ~1 hour window to catch the start.

Looks like outriggers to me :-).

So... are you going next year? 

More
4 years 7 months ago #35042 by LaPerouseBay
Picture is dated 5-25-19 on Google Earth, the race was 5-26.  The pics are probably a training paddle the day before the  ski race. They had divisions for ski, outriggers of all types, sup and prone.  Hank set a record that day, 3:11:17 - 10mph+ average...  

downwind dilettante

Latest Forum Topics