Think Evo II vs Stellar SES 1g

More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #35149 by SpaceSputnik
An advantage SES g1 popped up recently in the local classifieds.
I am 99.99% sure I will not be swapping boats this time, but lets make it a thought experiment.
How much of a shock am I looking at in this switch?

Just to set things up here: I did a quick test paddle in an older V10L (g1? not sure. a venturi drain, no handles at all), in flattish conditions. Hit it off right away, felt very nice, to the point I have actually wished I had that boat. SES is narrower but if I am not mistaken more stable?
How much faster than my Evo? Both are glass, Evo being about 3 lb heavier.

I am 5'6", 160lb. I have to pad the Evo to feel connected to it.
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by SpaceSputnik.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago #35163 by SpaceSputnik
Well, as of yesterday it's not a thought experiment anymore.
Tested the SES in the flat. The shock appears to be completely manageable. Felt a bit odd at first because SES is generally very different from anything I have paddled before, but felt pretty good after 20 min on water. Certainly not a swimming boat for me. I feel I can increase the conditions gradually as I get used to it.
Like the low hump and the bucket in general, feels freer than anything I have paddled before.

More
4 years 6 months ago #35164 by kwolfe
At 200lbs I'm too big for the SES but had a gen 2 SEL.  Your comment about the bucket is spot on.  I found it not big, but roomy.  I mean, I didn't feel like I was sloshing around but it definitely isn't form fitting for me like the bucket of my V14.  

More
4 years 6 months ago #35165 by SpaceSputnik
Somehow the bucket in SES feels more gentle on my lower body that the Evo. Both awesome boats, just very different.
Looking forward to more time in the SES.

Latest Forum Topics