G'day, New Paddler - Brisbane Region!

More
4 years 5 months ago #35166 by Crab Stick
Greetings folks!

Apart from some limited experience as a youth, I'm brand spanking new to Paddling. I've just purchased a Surf Ski 2nd Hand - my budget was meager - but I think for the money it will be sufficient for a start up. The Ski is likely so old nobody has heard of it ... CHD (Cory Hutchings Designs) Sonic Ocean Style - NZ  - Carbon Hull and Honeycomb Lid. I'm currently getting roof racks and accessories together, have yet to buy a Paddle --- these are more expensive than my Boat!

Looking to connect with other Paddlers in my area - or those willing to help or share knowledge. If there are any locals happy to kick skegs and have a chat, shoot me a line. Advice on best places to buy gear etc would be appreciated also.

Best, CS ;-)

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 5 months ago #35192 by Crab Stick
Yeesh ... tough room to get a welcome in? Do I need more soap? ... Should I ask some specific questions? :-)

More
4 years 5 months ago #35198 by Cracker
Hi Crab Stick,

We generally paddle on a Saturday morning out of Bulimba (end of Quay St app the Golf Course).  You're welcome to join in.  Might see you tomorrow.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Crab Stick

More
4 years 5 months ago #35223 by Crab Stick
Cheers Cracker!

Would love to join you guys ... I'm a rank beginner, not sure how I would fit in with your group - I would like to make contact with other paddlers but wouldn't want to slow the group down.  What time do you meet - put in etc? I've got my transport and a paddle sorted - now I just need time in the seat and some words of advice.

More
4 years 5 months ago #35230 by Cracker
No worries Crab Stick, we normally meet at 6am on Saturdays.  Should be a good place to start and get you on the water.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Crab Stick

More
4 years 5 months ago #35231 by Crab Stick
Check your Private Messages mate - shot you a reply there also!

Latest Forum Topics