G'day, New Paddler - Brisbane Region!

4 months 3 weeks ago #35166 by Crab Stick
Greetings folks!

Apart from some limited experience as a youth, I'm brand spanking new to Paddling. I've just purchased a Surf Ski 2nd Hand - my budget was meager - but I think for the money it will be sufficient for a start up. The Ski is likely so old nobody has heard of it ... CHD (Cory Hutchings Designs) Sonic Ocean Style - NZ  - Carbon Hull and Honeycomb Lid. I'm currently getting roof racks and accessories together, have yet to buy a Paddle --- these are more expensive than my Boat!

Looking to connect with other Paddlers in my area - or those willing to help or share knowledge. If there are any locals happy to kick skegs and have a chat, shoot me a line. Advice on best places to buy gear etc would be appreciated also.

Best, CS ;-)

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 months 3 weeks ago #35192 by Crab Stick
Yeesh ... tough room to get a welcome in? Do I need more soap? ... Should I ask some specific questions? :-)

4 months 3 weeks ago #35198 by Cracker
Hi Crab Stick,

We generally paddle on a Saturday morning out of Bulimba (end of Quay St app the Golf Course).  You're welcome to join in.  Might see you tomorrow.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Crab Stick

4 months 1 week ago #35223 by Crab Stick
Cheers Cracker!

Would love to join you guys ... I'm a rank beginner, not sure how I would fit in with your group - I would like to make contact with other paddlers but wouldn't want to slow the group down.  What time do you meet - put in etc? I've got my transport and a paddle sorted - now I just need time in the seat and some words of advice.

4 months 1 week ago #35230 by Cracker
No worries Crab Stick, we normally meet at 6am on Saturdays.  Should be a good place to start and get you on the water.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Crab Stick

4 months 1 week ago #35231 by Crab Stick
Check your Private Messages mate - shot you a reply there also!

Latest Forum Topics

80/20 Training (2 Posts)

52 minutes ago

busted FENN venturi...where to get new one? (2 Posts)

16 hours 23 minutes ago

Video thread (406 Posts)

21 hours 53 minutes ago
Protected by R Antispam