Carbonology Boost & Think Zen

More
4 years 12 hours ago #36303 by qmento
Hope you are all safe and doing well.

Does anyone out there have experience with both the Carbonology Boost and Think Zen? They both seem geared to be a step up for the beginning paddler, but are there significant differences besides the length? Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #36312 by Atlas
Replied by Atlas on topic Carbonology Boost & Think Zen
Hi qmento.
I replaced my Think Zen with a Carbonology Sport Boost. A Boost lv to be specific. As far as I know the Boost has the same hull as the Boost lv. It's just the deck that differs. (This website won't allow me to update my profile). 
I bought the Zen brand new and really wanted to love it. It was to be my main downwind ski. Although it is a nice ski in many ways; I just couldn't get used to the flat hull. It had pretty ordinary directional stability and I didn't like the lateral stability profile. It has loads of primary stability and very little secondary. I think this might work well for beginners in calm to moderate conditions. However in very rough downwind conditions it just didn't work for me.
The Boost is a far superior downwind ski in my experience. I’m very happy with the Boost lv as my primary downwind and general rough water ski.

Current boats
Epic V10L Ultra, Epic V9 Ultra, Carbonology Sport Boost X LV, Fenn Bluefin, Nelo 510, Fenn XT double, Nelo 600, Expedition Kayaks Azure, Mirage 732.
Previous boats
Spirit PRS, Fenn Swordfish, Fenn XT, Fenn Swordfish S, Think Zen, Epic V10L Club, Carbonology Sport Boost LV
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Atlas.
The following user(s) said Thank You: qmento

More
3 years 11 months ago #36325 by qmento
Just thought you'd like to know that we took your advice and ordered the Boost LV. One apiece for myself and my wife. I have no doubt that we'll enjoy these skis. Thank you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Atlas

Latest Forum Topics