Epic stability pads tore me a new one - advice

More
2 years 8 months ago #38709 by Salty Frog
Hi All,

Bought some Epic stability pads & put them in my G1 Epic V10 Sport but the velcro strips down the middle acted like a small keel in between my butt cheeks & reamed me. I am still sore from a couple of days ago.

It almost felt luxurious to rip out the pads & use the bar bucket.

Has anyone else played with these pads & maybe had a similar problem & maybe have already worked out the best solution?

Maybe buy & attach extra high density foam either side of the velcro strips down the middle where the cheeks go or add some velcro strips horizontally rdiating at 90 degrees from the middle velcro strips?

Any advice is welcome. I am just trying to use these pads to try & be a bit less stable in relatively flat water/very small waves to work up to more open water & perhaps a new ski, (around November).

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 8 months ago #38710 by Arcturus
Do you have to put the Velcro strip down the middle? You could put it to the sides.

The pad I got has the strips to the sides, not in the middle. It is a Lincke pad, 6mm or 1/4” thick (not meant to be stacked). I installed it to eliminate sitbone pain. Being higher feels more comfortable to me and hasn’t made the ski less stable. But it is already a stable ski anyway.

More
2 years 8 months ago #38712 by Salty Frog
Hi Arcturus,

Thanks for getting back to me. At the moment the velcro strips look like they are all glued down the middle. I attached some photos so you know what it looks like.

I haven't tried getting a knife & peeling the velcro off yet. It could be an option. I'd probably have to get some new double-sided tape & thick velcro strips to make it work though.

Anyone else out there used these pads & had the same problem/come up with a quick & easy solution?

More
2 years 8 months ago #38713 by Salty Frog
Attachments:

Latest Forum Topics