london paddlers????

More
14 years 10 months ago #3354 by tutty
london paddlers???? was created by tutty
hi , going to london late september, anyone paddles skis , k1's there and would have me along for a paddle???

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #3355 by garykroukamp
Replied by garykroukamp on topic Re:london paddlers????
Try the Richmond Canoe club. They paddle K1s on the Thames at Richmond. www.richmondcanoeclub.com/

More
14 years 10 months ago #3356 by craigfisher
Replied by craigfisher on topic Re:london paddlers????
The richmond club is an awesome kayak club. Many of the top british kayak paddlers train there so it is very competitive. Full Mitts, beanies and cold weather gear there.

More
14 years 8 months ago #3540 by Greenstick
Replied by Greenstick on topic Re:london paddlers????
Have a look around London, then get out! Come down to Portreath in Cornwall and come for a paddle or some sessions. Late September its pefect for ski paddling, September swells, amazing surf, warm sea and the weather should be lush. And I think it is planned for the last weekend, a race from St. Ives back to Portreath!

If your keen let me know and we can fix you up down at the surf club.

Cheers,
David.

More
14 years 8 months ago #3541 by biggles
Replied by biggles on topic Re:london paddlers????
Hi,
Check out the web site "wellsimple. com"
Its a British ski paddling site run by a resident S. African based in Bournemouth, on the south coast. About 90miles from London.
Most surf ski paddlers are based either in the S.W. (Devon and Cornwall), or S. Wales; mainly on ILS craft.
There is also a growing number on the South coast.
In the past couple of years ocean kayaks are starting to appear, Mostly Fenn and Epic.
The winter months are for the hardy few!
The N.Devon coast ie Barnstaple/Woolacombe has a sizeable paddling fraternity, But be prepared for some radical tides;
up to 10meter plus.
Biggles.

Latest Forum Topics