Does anyone know anything about "Findeisen"

More
14 years 8 months ago #3546 by f1loco
Found a couple of used ones here in FL. Surf Skis are not very big down here, but I dunno why. It's hard to find a used one around here, especially Central Florida. Anyway, for about $600 I could pick a used one up, but don't want to get something that'll be bad news in one years time...All I was able to find out was at some point in time in the distant past, they were made here in FL, and now obviously defunk. Can't believe I can't find anything through Google about them, however. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #3547 by nell
Richard Findeisen made skis down in FL for several years. The X and UX were nicely made - at least they were average for skis available at the time. The X was more stable and had good enough flatwater speed. I wasn't skilled in rough water at the time, but think it would have been a fair rough water ski. The UX was tippier and probably gave up too much stability for any gain in speed over the X. Both skis have a SLS type of cockpit with a high hump under the knees and low gunwales. Both are easy to get back into from the water. I think there was also a SLS ski made by Findeisen but I never saw one. Contact Bruce Gipson at Venturesports in FL for more info on the skis if you're interested as he may know more.

For $600 it sounds like a good deal if you can paddle it and if it's in good condition.

Erik Borgnes

More
14 years 8 months ago #3548 by YBA/Jim Murray
Googling "findeisen kayak" yielded the link below plus a few others.

fortpierce.olx.com/kayak-surf-ski-findei...odel-750-iid-4806298

More
14 years 8 months ago #3550 by f1loco
Yes, that's the one I was looking at...hard to believe there are somethings you can't find a lot of info about these days on the net...

More
14 years 8 months ago #3551 by f1loco
nell wrote:

Richard Findeisen made skis down in FL for several years. The X and UX were nicely made - at least they were average for skis available at the time. The X was more stable and had good enough flatwater speed. I wasn't skilled in rough water at the time, but think it would have been a fair rough water ski. The UX was tippier and probably gave up too much stability for any gain in speed over the X. Both skis have a SLS type of cockpit with a high hump under the knees and low gunwales. Both are easy to get back into from the water. I think there was also a SLS ski made by Findeisen but I never saw one. Contact Bruce Gipson at Venturesports in FL for more info on the skis if you're interested as he may know more.

For $600 it sounds like a good deal if you can paddle it and if it's in good condition.

Erik Borgnes

Thanks, it's actually the "Stinger Model"?? Supposedly "Lifeguard Spec" for competition....

More
14 years 8 months ago #3552 by nell
It looks like a good ski. When I think about it, I think the X was 19 ' long and about 19" in width, so the Stinger might, just might be the spec version of the same hull.

I know that some of the Findeisens are still being paddled in the NW.

If it fits and if you think that it will serve your purposes, then get it and have some fun with it.

ERik

Latest Forum Topics