Aussie Fenns

More
13 years 7 months ago #5079 by thames
Aussie Fenns was created by thames
I'm looking at buying Fenn Elite in Australia and see that there are local and o/s manufactured Fenns available.

Just wondering about peoples experiences with build quality. Are they all the same regardless of where they're made or are some better quality?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #5586 by Dudley78
Replied by Dudley78 on topic Re:Aussie Fenns
I myself are wondering what the build is like and if they are much heavy than the newer Fenn Elites.

More
13 years 5 months ago #5589 by Dean Gardiner
Replied by Dean Gardiner on topic Re:Aussie Fenns
The Aussie Fenns are made in Victoria by Advantage Kayaks. AK is owned by Pete Macdonald who has been in the ski and kayak manufacturing business for a long time. These skis are made under licence with a royalty going to Keith Fenn who designed the original craft.

The fibreglass Aust Elites are coming out around the 15kg mark. The carbon are 12-12.5kg.

We are extremely pleased with the work Peter has been doing on these craft and the XTs. The "short version" of the Elite has been a huge success especially for the shorter paddlers who struggled with the hump between the seat and the footwell.

We have found of the many people that have tried the new shape around 90% are ordering due to the adjustments made to suit the shorter paddlers. This does not mean that it is only for shorter paddlers it suits all the long ones to.

Regards
Dean

More
13 years 5 months ago #5590 by Rightarmbad
Replied by Rightarmbad on topic Re:Aussie Fenns
Advantage Kayaks

Made clicky goodness....

Follow the path of the independent thinker. Expose your ideas to the dangers of controversy. Speak your mind and fear less the label of 'crackpot' than the stigma of conformity. And on issues that are important to you, stand up and be counted at any cost.--- Thomas J. Watson

Latest Forum Topics