Video thread

More
6 years 3 weeks ago #31098 by LakeMan
Replied by LakeMan on topic Video thread
Thanks for posting those. I'm in the business and it still impresses me to no end how that can be done. It's like being there except I'm dry and not having all the fun.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• 10155721000024794@facebook
  • Visitor
6 years 1 week ago #31225 by 10155721000024794@facebook
Replied by 10155721000024794@facebook on topic Video thread
Surfing on a purpose-built 12'6 mini-ski at Reef Road. Wavewitch ski and Kialoa double bend.

More
5 years 11 months ago #31398 by @NachoSoler94
Replied by @NachoSoler94 on topic Video thread
Sometimes, the wind doesn't come. Here you have a brief video about my trainings in Fuerteventura before heading up to Lanzarote for the Atlantic Ocean Surfski Race.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Kiwi Dave

More
5 years 11 months ago #31426 by @NachoSoler94
Here you have my episode from the Atlantic Ocean Surfski race 2018.

Lanzarote will held the ICF Ocean Racing Worlds in 2021 in these waters, watch this space and subscribe tomy channel :)

cheers

More
5 years 10 months ago #31837 by @NachoSoler94
Surfski paddling and racing in Italy with the best company ever.

More
5 years 3 months ago #33317 by Cryder
Replied by Cryder on topic Video thread
Windy season is finally here in Bellingham. We've been getting drilled by southerly after southerly of 30kt wind. 

More
5 years 3 months ago #33318 by David Grainger
Replied by David Grainger on topic Video thread
What's the gray boat with the hatch cover?

More
5 years 3 months ago #33321 by David Grainger

More
5 years 3 months ago #33347 by David Grainger
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kean

More
5 years 3 months ago #33349 by SpaceSputnik
Nice video David. None of that warm weather nonsense :)
Which pogies are those? Are they comfortable?

More
5 years 3 months ago #33350 by SpaceSputnik
Love the fiddle tune in the first vid. I am a blugrass banjo student myself. Actually have a banjo sticker on my V7 :D

More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #33351 by David Grainger

SpaceSputnik wrote: Nice video David. None of that warm weather nonsense :)
Which pogies are those? Are they comfortable?

Pogies are Snapdragon Hyper Hands. They're slightly tight around the hands, which may be because I'm also wearing 3mm neoprene gloves.   With the gloves my fingers stay wrapped around the paddle shaft when I relax - but the wrists are wide enough to get on and off even with the gloves without looking, and the Hypalon material is light and does not absorb water.  Snapdragon makes a non-Hypalon also, but they absorb water and get heavy.
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by David Grainger.

More
5 years 3 months ago #33352 by SpaceSputnik
Thanks.
Yeah this is what I dislike about pogies. I wear my Glacier Gloves usually and my hands get squished against the shaft with pogies over. Getting in is a problem too as glaciers are very sticky on the outside. Maybe if I could find oversized pogies of some sort..

More
5 years 3 months ago #33354 by Cryder
Replied by Cryder on topic Video thread
"Exotic locations. Heavy seas. High wind and big personalities stuffed into skinny, carbon fiber boats. Welcome to the world of true adventure. Welcome to downwind paddling in a surfski." This is a fun little edit we made to showcase the incredible locations, people and adventures to be had on our very unique water craft for the Bellingham Paddlers Film Festival. Enjoy!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Hiro

More
5 years 2 months ago #33477 by [email protected]
Replied by [email protected] on topic Video thread
Another day, another Miller's run.... except that today the wind is blowing near gale-force.  The weather station at Fish Hoek is registering an average of 32kt with gusts of 40kt plus... and it's usually stronger out in the bay.  In the taxi on the way to Miller's Point, we can see squalls smashing spray off the tops of the waves - some of which look massive.  Will this be a PB day?  

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Watto, mcbit

• MCImes
  • Visitor
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #33482 by MCImes
Replied by MCImes on topic Video thread
Great video Rob! That one looked fun!

Edit - What video camera are you using? I want to get one and like the video quality plus GPS speed/course of your cam.
Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by MCImes.

More
5 years 2 months ago #33483 by PSwitzer
Replied by PSwitzer on topic Video thread
Rob, that run looked so great!  I was sitting in my chair leaning left and right to angle properly and make the connections right along with you....

More
5 years 2 months ago #33503 by mcbit
Replied by mcbit on topic Video thread
As always it looked much bigger and windier from the shore. It was quite a day!

More
5 years 2 months ago #33504 by mickeyA
Replied by mickeyA on topic Video thread
I love these videos for learning how to downwind.   I’ve done Gorge twice, but still not very good. I understand the need for edited highlight videos for time sake, but it would be way more instructional to also include the tough times instead of only riding down the face or in the trough all the time.  Stalling out, spinning out (Robin did show one of these), swamping, wave after wave passing you by, ski pointing upwards, missing runs, THEN how you recovered, how hard you paddled, when you paddled, etc would really help in the learning curve.  Hat camera gives a great perspective, moreso than looking backward, or forward from behind the paddler.  Keep them coming, and a perhaps the occasional unedited version.  Thanks

KR McGregor Rhythm, V10Sport, Swordfish S, Fenn Tarpon S, Fenn XT, Twogood Chalupski, Findeisen Stinger spec. Had: V12, Stellar SE, Huki S1-X, Burton wedge2, Fenn Tarpon

More
5 years 2 months ago #33505 by [email protected]
Replied by [email protected] on topic Video thread

MCImes wrote: Great video Rob! That one looked fun!

Edit - What video camera are you using? I want to get one and like the video quality plus GPS speed/course of your cam.

Thanks!  It was tremendous fun!

The camera is the Garmin VIRB Ultra 30.  It has a built in GPS and also connects to your HR monitor so you can view HR online too.  It'll also collect the the data from other peripherals like a cadence sensor so you show your cadence too.

The Garmin VIRB Edit software isn't great but you have to use it to add the speed data etc into the video.  So what I've started doing is exporting the entire video unedited from Garmin VIRB Edit and editing with Final Cut Pro, which is much more powerful and is much quicker to use.

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

Latest Forum Topics