Video thread

More
2 years 8 months ago #38811 by omarchacon8

NK 640 Cx, NK Double, Nelo 600, Nelo 520 2nd Gen, V7, V8, Bluefin S, McGreggor Rhytm, McGreggor Clasisic, Think uno max, Vega,Vega flex, elite s, swordfish s, nelo cinco k1, V12 gen 1, Nelo 560 gen1, mako 6

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 8 months ago #38812 by omarchacon8

NK 640 Cx, NK Double, Nelo 600, Nelo 520 2nd Gen, V7, V8, Bluefin S, McGreggor Rhytm, McGreggor Clasisic, Think uno max, Vega,Vega flex, elite s, swordfish s, nelo cinco k1, V12 gen 1, Nelo 560 gen1, mako 6

More
2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago #38813 by omarchacon8

Last edit: 2 years 8 months ago by omarchacon8. Reason: more videos

More
2 years 8 months ago #38841 by pnwpaddler
Got my Vega Pro back in May and only just got into some good waves in it. Such a blast! Ambleside tide rip in Vancouver, BC. 4.4 knots max ebb, and very little to no wind, but it was blowing around 20 knots through the night.

More
2 years 7 months ago #38868 by pnwpaddler
Replied by pnwpaddler on topic Video thread
Maybe hard to tell, but much bigger than last time. 4.7 knot ebb and again very little wind. Good thing we don't need much wind to make a good rip.

More
2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #39186 by sarzelopez
Replied by sarzelopez on topic Video thread
Getting back into it. Went in expecting a flat or headwind on the way back but there was a nice breeze coming in.  

First time trying the max lens, the stability and horozon lock are crazy, it looks like its floating. I forgot to use rain-x though . 

Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by sarzelopez. Reason: Spelling

More
2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #39187 by Watto
Replied by Watto on topic Video thread
Bit more brutal here. Came across this the other day buried in Movies. And by the bye, Crabstick how was the paddle Dutchies-City today? Not quite the 30 knots in clip but plenty of runs. Go full screen!

Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by Watto.

More
2 years 5 months ago #39188 by zachhandler
Replied by zachhandler on topic Video thread
Sarzelopez - i like that decal of the frigate bird - makes it look like a Vega!  Your paddling has improved in the past few years in your videos!

watto  - which NK is that? How do you like it? I would love to try one some day. 

Current Skis: Epic v10 g3, NK 670 double, NK exrcize, Kai Wa’a Vega, Carbonology Feather, Think Jet, Knysna Sonic X
Former Skis: Epic V12 g2, Epic V12 g1, Epic v10 double, Nelo 550 g2, Fenn Elite S, Custom Kayaks Synergy

More
2 years 5 months ago #39189 by Watto
Zachhandler - have two NK's both carbon fibre 9kg ish (wooee!) 58 Squall and 610 Storm brilliant both. In the Squall I think in that vid but have been in the narrower Storm in similar conditions. Love both boats though Squall as go-to boat regardless crazy water. Blowing 50 knots "Watto, shall we? Yessiree Bob!" (Haha having said that got smashed awhile back in 45 knot squall with rudder issues. If you'd like I'll post he vid!) Comparable speed of Swordfish, tad slower on the flat perhaps. 

They are a very good boat, beautifully built, surf well and are predictable, stable. Very popular here Perth with John Wilkie running the franchise very hands-on and top shelf paddler to boot. 

More
2 years 5 months ago #39190 by sarzelopez
Zach - Thanks for the comment! Yeah I took the placing of that decal straight out of a Vega video. Its also the bird of the pearl island race flyers so I have 3 right now, when the fourth edition comes I'll put the 4th one and so on.

Watto - Is that a bike computer instead of a gps watch?

More
2 years 5 months ago #39191 by Watto
Zachhandler - have two NK's both carbon fibre 9kg ish (wooee!) 58 Squall and 610 Storm brilliant both. Was in the Squall I think in that vid but have been in the narrower Storm in similar conditions. Love both boats though Squall as go-to boat regardless crazy water. Blowing 50 knots -  "Watto, shall we?" - " Yessiree Bob!" (Haha having said that got smashed awhile back in 45 knot squall with rudder issues. If you'd like I'll post the vid!) Comparable speed of Swordfish, tad slower on the flat perhaps. 

They are a very good boat, beautifully built, surf well and are predictable, stable. Very popular here Perth with John Wilkie running the franchise very hands-on and top shelf paddler to boot. Have to share this came across online, totally completely off thread .. threw a ball for my dog. She looks amazing in a gown! .. 

More
2 years 5 months ago #39192 by Watto
Zach yes a Garmin 1030, my bike computer, use it so I can see speed/distance whatever when training. Use sometimes to second guess my Fenix heat rate etc (when I wear a HRM). Pretty shit though, probably haven't set up correctly (I've tried) but often turns off/goes blank/recycles to next option. Did it again paddle today. Great on bike nonetheless, also potentially good for way-point for The Doctor, navigating to unseen Trigg marker from Rottnest Island if I can get the MF to maintain station!

More
2 years 5 months ago #39193 by tve
Replied by tve on topic Video thread

I forgot to use rain-x though . 

Do you really use rain-x or some other similar product? I thought that created just a smear... Have to try out, I guess..

More
2 years 5 months ago #39196 by sarzelopez
@tve I don't use it anymore on the regular gopro lens. The tempered glass protector (its actually plastic I believe) I put over the lens has some hydrophobic qualities and has so far worked good.

I went out today with the max lens + rain-x but still got a few more drops compared to the flat lens.

More
2 years 5 months ago #39197 by CrabStick
Replied by CrabStick on topic Video thread
Hi Watto,
Thanks for the lift off the car the other day. I left my run a bit late I think (some of us have to work you know!) so wind fading a bit but it puffed up pretty well going past the barracks so had a bit of nice carving through there.
I went Port Beach to City Beach yesterday 3-4 pm and had to put the work in to stay lined up with Observation City (as wind and swell both angling towards beach) but once I got past North Cottesloe I could head in a bit more and pick up the pace a bit.
:Loved that footage with 30 knots!

CrabStick, Perth Western Australia
Current Boats: Epic V9 ultra, Fenn Swordfish S, Fenn Spark S
Previous: Think Eze, Stellar SR, Carbonology Boost LV, Fenn BlueFin S
The following user(s) said Thank You: Watto

More
2 years 1 month ago - 2 years 1 month ago #39544 by tve
Replied by tve on topic Video thread
The video thread hasn't had much love lately... We had an "interesting" DW last week after months without wind or waves (or rain, which is worse). The "we" included a foil SUP, a wing foil, and a surfski. Both foilers were on their first foil DW, so more learning than elegant cruising. I was acting as support boat and didn't get to really surf bumps 'til late, but hey, it was fun nevertheless. Hope you enjoy.

Watch on youtube

Last edit: 2 years 1 month ago by tve.

More
2 years 1 month ago #39546 by Bearded
Replied by Bearded on topic Video thread
I second that, so here's my offering. Come on people, let's see them downwinding or just paddling videos!

More
2 years 3 weeks ago - 2 years 3 weeks ago #39582 by Dratz
Replied by Dratz on topic Video thread
Here you go, for the Sydney paddlers coming into winter. Especially for all my mates on the northern beaches, who have probably never heard of Botany Bay ;-)
Last edit: 2 years 3 weeks ago by Dratz.

More
2 years 1 week ago #39629 by LaPerouseBay
Replied by LaPerouseBay on topic Video thread
Excellent conditions yesterday. 28-38 mph E wind, 8 foot east swell running straight down the line. No N swell to cross anything up.

The foilers are really zooming. On good days like this they can average over 16 mph.

downwind dilettante

More
2 years 1 week ago - 2 years 1 week ago #39631 by downwinda
Replied by downwinda on topic Video thread
LaPerouse, how much right quartering is everyone gonna need to make it around Kahakuloa in today's race? I'd guess it will be a pretty good run if the easterlies continue!

I'm looking forward to how Ana Swetish fares in her first Hawaii race.
Last edit: 2 years 1 week ago by downwinda. Reason: Added a line

Latest Forum Topics