Video thread

More
8 years 4 weeks ago #25941 by Mike Blake
Replied by Mike Blake on topic Video thread
Any impressions of the Huki Simon?
It looks like you are surfing the runs well in the video, I thought that you seemed to be holding your speed better than the last video of yours that i watched. This may of course just be general improvement and have nothing to do with the boat :) .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #25945 by [email protected]
Replied by [email protected] on topic Video thread
Here's a cool video from Dave Grainger (I'm posting it because he's getting blocked by the beloved spam-checker for some reason...)

Nice one Dave!

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #25946 by Simon Haywood
Replied by Simon Haywood on topic Video thread
Mike Blake, Re: Huki S1-R... in short - I like it in 23-30knots - although, it has been customised.
I bought it for a particular purpose and is just one of the skis in my quiver.

As an average 'C' grade paddler I need to change skis to optimize(makeup for lack of ability) for the various conditions i paddle in.
From the skis I've paddled/owned (excess of 20) it sits very true to Wesley Echols' Chart (Surfskiracing.com).

As for surfing the runs better - i don't think so / perhaps I just got better at editing?

Previous craft: Affinity, Endorfinn, Multisport, Epic V8, V10sport, V10, V12, Fenn Swordfish, Spirit PRS Elite; Stellar S18S, SR, SE, SEL, S2E, S2EL

Current Skis:
Huki S1-R
Stellar S18S - Excel
Stellar SR - Ultra

Skis on order: None!

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #25947 by [email protected]
Replied by [email protected] on topic Video thread
And this is real spam...

:lol:

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

More
8 years 3 weeks ago - 8 years 3 weeks ago #26002 by Uffilation
Replied by Uffilation on topic Video thread
at robin: note that the spam guard even does not allow to post surfski.info links here sometimes ...

a workaround for video links would be though:
post the message ... insert the videolink in the "edit mode".
robin it's your site, you might not like such a workaorund.

e.g. inserted via "edit" after posting:

auto-tracking surfskis with a drone:

how it's done:
Last edit: 8 years 3 weeks ago by Uffilation.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #26047 by JML
2016 FPA SUMMER DOWNWIND SERIES - EVENT 6
Here is a short video clip from last weekend's Fitness Paddlers Australia 18km downwind event from Werribee South to Seaholme in Victoria, Australia.

Conditions combined well to give paddlers some great downwind running not often encountered on Port Phillip Bay.

More videos of the event will be added as they become available.
www.fitnesslifestyle.com.au/fitnesspaddl...photos-videos-5.html

More
8 years 2 weeks ago - 8 years 2 weeks ago #26061 by Lance
Replied by Lance on topic DIY pole cam
This is a fibreglass mold I made for a pole mounted camera.

Last edit: 8 years 2 weeks ago by Lance.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #26062 by David Grainger
Replied by David Grainger on topic DIY pole cam
I haven't had good luck with duct tape sticking to my ski during wind/wave activity. I use fiberglass reinforced 3M Extreme Shipping tape. I made a tripod with 10mm carbon pultruded tubes, with suction cups on the bottom. The suction cups are adjustable for angle, so I can use it on the fore deck,
and the aft deck
.. I tape the suction cups on the deck with the 3M Extreme Shipping tape. The tripod positions the camera off the centerline of the boat, so you can see the hull.

More
8 years 1 week ago #26063 by Lance
Hi David, I have used the pole twice so far. Today was about 20 knots and I also fell in :)
With a dry boat, I place the mold in the correct position and then tape around the edges. I can even lift the boat and it sticks.
Hopefully it stays that way.

More
8 years 1 week ago #26064 by David Grainger
Ya can't lift the boat with mine - it's a little delicate, but very light weight. I broke one of the legs on mine in shore break, but it's stood up to several capsizes without any problem. What cam are you using? You can see a picture of a lower version of mine, which I made for my surf kayak, at 2:16 in this video

More
8 years 1 week ago #26065 by Lance
Replied by Lance on topic Millers Run
Just a vid of the millers run yesterday. Pity about the sun, maybe I need to look at the white balance on the camera
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Grainger

More
8 years 1 week ago #26066 by Lance
Hi David - the cam is an Intova HD. Was looking at the Virb - what do you think about this one ?

More
8 years 1 week ago #26067 by Hacker Mike
Replied by Hacker Mike on topic Millers Run
Wow Lance, that looks quite messy from the video.

More
8 years 1 week ago #26068 by David Grainger
That was a nice Millers Lance! I don't think white balance is off, but shooting into the sun doesn't help. I was only able to see it in 360p. Of course anything you put that far above the deck is going to destabilize your ride! The Virb looks a little heavy at 204g "with cradle." I was thinking of getting a GoPro Session because it's only 74g with built in waterproof housing, but it doesn't shoot 1080p - 60. The Intova HD comes in at 170. The Hero4 Silver is 147 with housing, and, like the Intova, it has a screen.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lance

More
8 years 1 week ago #26069 by rambo
Replied by rambo on topic DIY pole cam
Dave Grainger 》》》I was thinking of getting a GoPro Session because it's only 74g with built in waterproof housing, but it doesn't shoot 1080p - 60.

Not true, Gopro Session has 1080p 60 and 720p 100, I own 2 of them.

More
8 years 1 week ago #26070 by Punches
Replied by Punches on topic DIY pole cam
Just be aware that the Gopro Session is only waterproof to 1 ATM or 10metres. Most guides indicate that this gives improved resistance to rain and splashes but it's not suitable for showering or swimming. Capsizing at speed or negotiating a surf break would definitely exceed the design limitations, especially in salt water. I reckon you need a minimum 5 ATM or 50 metres for use in downwind conditions.

Currently own Fenn Elite S, Renegade Double
Previously owned Epic V8, Think Legend, Stellar SES

More
8 years 1 week ago #26072 by rambo
I've been using the Gopro Session in Downwind Conditions on Clint Robinson's Ski and also at waters parks, never had issues with waterproofing even jumping 6 metres into water off heights.
Couple of examples. Both cameras are now 8 months old.
vimeo.com/152533242
vimeo.com/156935809
vimeo.com/135108699

More
8 years 1 week ago #26073 by Punches
Replied by Punches on topic DIY pole cam
I'm probably just cautious because my old Contour Roam suffered salt water ingress in less than 18 months. :(

Currently own Fenn Elite S, Renegade Double
Previously owned Epic V8, Think Legend, Stellar SES

More
8 years 1 week ago - 8 years 1 week ago #26074 by rambo
Contour Roams were notorious for that, very poor waterproofing. I've found the Session to be the perfect pole cam, very lightweight and small footprint so less inertia on the pole, easy to control with the huge single button or remote control, long battery life, zero fogging issues, very good image quality, the duel front and rear waterproof microphones work very well too.

The new firmware just released now adds more features and Full Protune capabilities, put i prefer the camera in all default settings, full auto.
Last edit: 8 years 1 week ago by rambo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Watto, Punches

More
8 years 1 week ago - 8 years 1 week ago #26075 by rambo
Deleted..accidentlal double post. B)
Last edit: 8 years 1 week ago by rambo.

Latest Forum Topics