Hello Group

More
12 years 5 months ago #8421 by islandgm
Hello Group was created by islandgm
Hi All

My name is Mark and I am an addict.

I can't believe I waited 16 years to get back on a ski. My Epic V10 performance arrived in July after 7 weeks of making it's way to the Caribbean. After paddling twice a day every day I have been fortunate enough to find my feet real quick and get into some awesome downwinds, but this morning took the biscuit. A crushing downwind coupled with a pulverising current came flying past my house at some pace, and I couldn't resist. I smashed up 12km in what felt like minutes and had the most awesome run of my life. Steep 18-20 foot swells running parallel to the coast only 500m offshore with runs of 100-200m. GPS says I averaged 17km/h! Absolutely amazing, and I'm lead to believe from the locals that it gets better as we get towards Christmas - can't wait.

So there we go...nothing you all can do to save me...I am an addict!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #8426 by Stew
Replied by Stew on topic Re: Hello Group
You're in good company. I found myself day dreaming all day Tuesday about Monday evening's session. There's nothing better!

More
12 years 5 months ago #8433 by Rightarmbad
Replied by Rightarmbad on topic Re: Hello Group
Must fix ski or buy a new one, must fix ski or buy a new one, must fix ski or buy a new one, must fix ski or buy a new one, must fix ski or buy a new one.

Follow the path of the independent thinker. Expose your ideas to the dangers of controversy. Speak your mind and fear less the label of 'crackpot' than the stigma of conformity. And on issues that are important to you, stand up and be counted at any cost.--- Thomas J. Watson

More
12 years 3 months ago #9391 by sanderson-Smith
Replied by sanderson-Smith on topic Re: Hello Group
Hey Mark

I also love my surfskiing and I just arrived in the Caribbean from South Africa. I'm going to be studying in Grenada for a couple of years.

I haven't seen a surfski here yet though, how did you get yours over here?

Cheers

More
12 years 3 months ago #9392 by Boef
Replied by Boef on topic Re: Hello Group
There's a bunch of South Africans and a renegade Aussie in Bermuda and most got their ski's from Bruce Gibson at Venture Sports (Florida). I got a v12 from Epic (HQ) - awesome hassle free service for an awesome ski!

More
12 years 3 months ago #9406 by islandgm
Replied by islandgm on topic Re: Hello Group
hey Grenada

I got my ski from www.liquidsurfandsail.com in Miami. Ask for Jesse, service and delivery was outstanding. I have also just ordered ski's from Brett Challenor at www.stealthpp.co.za in Durbs and Challie's service was great.

Best suggestion is to find a shipping agent in Grenada to assist you through all of the duties and customs charges, as these can get complicated in the islands.

Let me know if you need more info This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Cheers and good luck!

Latest Forum Topics