PEDIGREE

More
12 years 4 months ago #8798 by bussellt
PEDIGREE was created by bussellt
THIS IS FOR Rightarbad what is you pedigree for the advice you give on skis HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN PADDLING WHAT RACES HAVE YOU ENTERED AND PLACED IN ETC MENS HEALTH OCEAN SERIES AND BEST OF ALL SURF CLUB EVENTS
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shane

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #8799 by mario
Replied by mario on topic Re: PEDIGREE
Hi bussellt,
How long have you being paddling I agree with BUT I do not agree with the notion that races entered into and results in events is a prerequisite to reviewing or in having some opinion about a ski.
I am a pretty shitty paddler but I can somehow tell if a ski is a lemon or not.
I really don't believe that you have to be a hot shot paddler to judge a ski.
The top guys don't have stability problems on skis that resemble toothpicks...maybe they are not qualified to fully judge stability for example.
I can also express my opinion about what I like about a ski or not as long as I state that is is my subjective opinion and I have a non existant paddling pedigree.
Come to think of it I have no pedigree at all!
Let rightarmbad have his say

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #8801 by fredrik
Replied by fredrik on topic Re: PEDIGREE
All
I suggest we all relax a few notches.
I believe this forum benefits from recognizing that it is kept alive by ordinary people with a paddling passion.
I agree that the response to Nat Bradford's review of the Think Eze is way out of line. In my mind the forum would be less interesting if guys left their effort on their own blogs. It is ridiculous to try to give the impression that surfski reviews are more than subjective impressions – regardless of measuring this or that. Or even less scientific, giving quantitative numbers to stability.
That is why there is only one way to review surfskis and/or kayaks: You have to paddle it yourself!!!
I hope more people out there is willing to post a few lines on their subjective feelings about the skis they paddle. In addition we can enjoy Rob’s fabulous and thorough reviews as separate front page articles.
Wrt RAB pedigree, I trust he has said enough about that in earlier treads.
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by fredrik.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thebigadski, mario

Latest Forum Topics