Re: Log in problems

• Alain Jaques
  • Visitor
15 years 8 months ago #2265 by Alain Jaques
Re: Log in problems was created by Alain Jaques
Hi there, we have a problem with loggin into the site after we did a security upgrade of the site's software. Some people can log in but most can't so they can't post comments. Very irritating fixing one thing and breaking another.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 8 months ago #2266 by Dicko
Replied by Dicko on topic Re: Log in problems
I can log in on the home page in the little black box, but not from the forums page.

More
15 years 8 months ago #2267 by YBA/Jim Murray
Replied by YBA/Jim Murray on topic Re: Log in problems
Ditto #4, Dicko. I can only log in to home page black box. Log in is case sensitive. My computer no longer remembers log in info for this website only. Sorry to tell you that- but maybe a clue?
I use google as browser.
My heartfelt sympathies for you and your problem.
Jim

More
15 years 8 months ago #2268 by sbski
Replied by sbski on topic Re: Log in problems
Hi Alain,

I haven?t had any problem logging in at all and apparently I can post, too, but what I have noticed is that:

1) once I have logged in then I am not automatically logged in when I return to the site. Seems like a cookie isn?t being set.
2) the list of members logged into the site is no longer listed at the bottom right of the navbar. I thought that was a deliberate change on your part a couple of weeks ago, but perhaps it wasn?t since being able to display that would also be cookie related.

Everything I described is happening both on Explorer on a PC and on Safari on a Mac. The PC is logged in through a DSL line and the Mac through a T1 line.

-Jeff

More
15 years 8 months ago #2269 by John Sanderson
Replied by John Sanderson on topic Re: Log in problems
Hi Alain

I've just sent you and Rob an email giving a little detail re the probs at my end.

I've just read the threads here and sadly share the same issues as Jeff and Jim.

Keep at it guys it's a great site.

Cheers
John

More
15 years 8 months ago #2270 by richardh
Replied by richardh on topic Re: Log in problems
Hi Alain.

I had one issue a week or so ago when my login was not recognised, but all appears to be fine now and has been fine for probably the last week or so. I'm a fairly frequent visitor.

I am using Firefox on a PC and Safari/Camino on a Mac.

Great site, thanks for all the hard work you and Rob put in.

More
15 years 8 months ago #2271 by [email protected]
To illustrate the bizarre nature of this thing:

I can connect my laptop to the Internet in three ways: via the office network, via my ADSL network at home and via my 3G mobile card.

When I connect via my home network, I can't login to surfski.info.
When I connect via the office network, I CAN login to surfski.info.
Right now I'm connected via my 3G card: I CAN login no problem and everything, the forums, etc, etc work perfectly...

Anyway, we have some great minds working on the problem and I hope we'll be back to normal in the not too distant future...

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

• Alain Jaques
  • Visitor
15 years 8 months ago #2272 by Alain Jaques
Replied by Alain Jaques on topic Re: Log in problems

Can login

Using the network at work
Using MTN 3G connection direct to internet
From home using ADSL but via work network using VPN
Uning MTN 3G via work network using VPN

Can't login

Using home ADSL direct to internet

Latest Forum Topics