Kayak/Surf Ski clubs in Melbourne?

More
10 years 6 months ago #18485 by Maloy
I will be on a temporary work assignment in Melbourne for about a year, coming from the US, and I am hoping to continue training on a surf-ski there. The problem for me, is that I will be living in center city without a car or a place to store the ski. I heard that there are some clubs and boat houses in or near Melbourne. Does anyone know of any kayak/surf ski specific ones, where I could buy and store a surf ski for the duration of my stay, and of course where I may have a chance to train with a group?

Do I have any other options, or perhaps maybe someone I could get in contact with who may be able to help? I would probably need to buy a used surf-ski too. I know Melbourne has a growing surf-ski community, and I don't want to take a year-off from training and racing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #18487 by JML
You will find information on regular surf ski time trials etc at www.fitnesspaddlers.com.au

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #18511 by chucktheskiffie
www.peakadventure.com.au/

They have a group that trains regularly from Port Melbourne, 6km outside the CBD. There is a tram that goes from the city to nearby.

They train friom the sandringham surf club (if i remember correctly) and have storage for skis there i think.
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by chucktheskiffie.

Latest Forum Topics