Gear

More
7 years 10 months ago #26347 by DMW
Gear was created by DMW
Hi,
I've got a couple of young people that want to try ski. I have skiis but I don't have paddles. I was wondering if anyone has some old paddles of competition quality that they would part with at a reasonable cost?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #27046 by rayanne.tait
Replied by rayanne.tait on topic Gear
hey DMW, I only started stand up paddle boarding last month so when I started I bought the cheapest ones I could find off surfstitch. It was one of those trident sup paddle s. What's the difference between the regular ones I bought and the 'competition' standard ones you're referring to?

More
7 years 7 months ago #27050 by DMW
Replied by DMW on topic Gear
Hi,
A little different from a single paddle for a paddle board. A competition surf ski paddle can vary according to taste. The type the club is looking into is a double bladed propellor paddle. You can find examples on most surf craft maker sites.

More
7 years 7 months ago #27051 by kwolfe
Replied by kwolfe on topic Gear
Where are you located. I have an Epic mid wing hybrid I wouldn't mind upgrading.

More
7 years 7 months ago #27061 by DMW
Replied by DMW on topic Gear
Many thanks, the season is starting and I got pressured from above to produce paddles. I had to go brand new unfortunately. Our next problem is we have 5 skiis that are suited for 6 foot people and above and most of our paddlers are 5 foot 5 to 5 foot 8 teenage girls. Does anyone has some cheap ideas on how to convert these skiis safely?

I'm also looking for some coaching ideas/ programs for endurance if anyone has some ideas? I'm happy to share what programs I have written for technique if you wish a quid pro quo.

Latest Forum Topics