Paddling footwear?

More
12 years 4 weeks ago #10333 by postal256
Replied by postal256 on topic Re: Paddling footwear?
Agree with everyone who has already mentioned that you will get sand in them, but I don't think it is much, actually quite little.

I used to use the Hydroskin socks with a pair of neoprene booties over them. Very warm combo. But I accidentally lost one of the booties while capsizing and found the Hydroskin socks by themselves to be very slick on my footboard. I wouldn't trade my Hydroskin pants for anything though.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• gixer
  • Visitor
12 years 4 weeks ago #10335 by gixer
Replied by gixer on topic Re: Paddling footwear?
After a couple of winters wearing low-cut booties, a mate suggested I try some neoprene socks. They are awesome! Easy to get in and out of the foot straps, don't hold nearly as much water in them as booties and are very comfortable. Also they are cheap as chips!

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #10337 by AGA
Replied by AGA on topic Re: Paddling footwear?
I've been using the O'Neill Split Toe for a few years and just grabbed another pair.

Thin enough that you can maintain a good sensitive feel on the pedals, whether applying pressure through the heels, balls (of feet - thought I should clarify that on re-reading) or across the toes.

Just thick enough to survive the rough edges of rocks and the odd bit of oyster.

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #10340 by ilcentaurorosso

Moll wrote: I bit the Bullet and got the Vibram trek Sport... They give a much better feel than other water shoes...

not better then KSO I suppose.

About the matter of sand (not much indeed) I just put my legs in the water before starting, open the back of the shoes and leave sand go away.

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #10348 by PerthPaddler
Replied by PerthPaddler on topic Re: Paddling footwear?
My vote goes to the SEAK shoe that I bought in Anaconda (Aussie)
for about $35 on sale. They have a hard sole and a soft upper with plenty of drainage. They are a low cut, and not the neoprene ones. Not much good for keeping your toes warm, but great for rocks. I wore them for Avon and just got back from paddling my PRS over some very shallow reef at Ocean Reef (WA) and they are perfect. Also easy to get your feet back in the straps , even with my size 12's!

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #10353 by kiwial
Replied by kiwial on topic Re: Paddling footwear?
I find the Epic traction pad gives my little piggies enough protection from the winter chills, it's like pigs in a blanket ;)

Latest Forum Topics